Are these pesky 15 pounds EVER going anywhere?

Options
This is my first time to post in the MFP community, though I've been using it for quite some time. I will start by saying that although I know I don't have much to lose, I'm fully aware as to how quickly that can change.

I am in desperate search of a fresh approach to my weight loss, more importantly, my FITNESS goal, of losing about 15 pounds.

I gained about 15 pounds in the past 6 months. Up until that point, keeping my eye on the prize was easy, as prize was fitting perfectly into my wedding dress. With that goal accomplished, I began to make excuses as to my diet and exercise habits.

Now, I'm searching and hoping for any wisdom, advice or tips that anyone can offer to help me get back on track.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Can I assume that you didn't log during those 6 months? For me, logging is the answer. I log, I lose. If you are having trouble facing eating at a deficit, keep the deficit low (.5lb/week) or even start with maintenance.
  • txej88
    txej88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough, I have been logging the majority of the past 6 months. I love the suggestion of changing my goals though. Maybe my current preferences aren't realistic, thereby setting myself up for failure.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I think you hit the nail on the head. You had the ultimate motivation to lose the 15lbs initially (maybe you did it quickly too?). You need a lot less motivation/willpower with a small deficit. Good luck!