need a swift kick in the rear...

Options
I have done so well...no soda for 4 months now., water all day long...been eating more fruits and veggies, white meat only, no beef or pork at all. Then outta no where BAM!!! I get these ginormous cravings for SUGAR.. doesn't matter what..brownies, cookies, cream cheese frosting, heck I would probably eat sugar by the spoonful if I could.:embarassed: when this happens and I give in what do I do? Wanna hear my little confession?? I grab a box of laxatives.. Stupid right? I KNOW. I'm stressed to the point I have insomnia, migraines are 2-3 times a week or more..so what the HELL am I doing wrong? WHAT? I feel like a total LOSER! I'm to the point I dont know whether to give up...and I know thats the crazy part of me talking cause no way do I want to gain back the 45 lbs I've lost but I honestly feel like I don't know what I'm doing any more. :frown:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    First calm down. If it is at all possible bet the junk food out of the house. Tomorrow is another day and you seem like you really want to be healthy and you have been doing great. Don't beat yourself up just get right back on the horse. You know what to do.
    Have a little treat for doing so well and be done with it. Good luck.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    quit taking the laxatives for starters. Remember this is a lifestyle change. Lives include sugar and fun sweets. Give yourself permission to have a little of the sweets. Find sweets that aren't killer in the sugar/calorie department. Have one then tell yourself you have had enuf and walk away. if you don't...DONT BEAT YOURSELF UP! just count the calories, work out a little more, and move on.
  • layasideEVERYweight
    Options
    >>>>>> KICK!!! <<<<<<

Ok, now, sounds like your sugar isn't balanced. You have been making it easy for your body to get sugar and it doesn't want to have to work, so you need to make it work for sugar.....eat natural sugars with no added sugars ( sugar cane ). Have some fruit - grapes, apple, cherries, strawberries. You can also go get something to get it balanced back via herbs, etc.... I am using Slimquick Cleanse.
  • nctj
    nctj Posts: 36
    Options
    First calm down. If it is at all possible bet the junk food out of the house. Tomorrow is another day and you seem like you really want to be healthy and you have been doing great. Don't beat yourself up just get right back on the horse. You know what to do.
    Have a little treat for doing so well and be done with it. Good luck.

thats the problem. I am a baker so I'm surrounded all day by temptation. Some days it doesnt bother me AT ALL. I love my job, this is my dream but good grief...I need more willpower..
  • Girlbirder
    Girlbirder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are surrounded by cakes all day and you are managing to lose weight - that is really impressive. If you have a bad day or week, just try to forget it and try again tomorrow. Losing weight is for life, there are no quick fixes so the laxatives aren't really a solution (flush them and remove that temptation). You can do this, if you can lose 45lb in a bakery you can do anything! Good Luck
  • nctj
    Options
    Wow! You are surrounded by cakes all day and you are managing to lose weight - that is really impressive. If you have a bad day or week, just try to forget it and try again tomorrow. Losing weight is for life, there are no quick fixes so the laxatives aren't really a solution (flush them and remove that temptation). You can do this, if you can lose 45lb in a bakery you can do anything! Good Luck

Thank you.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    thats the problem. I am a baker so I'm surrounded all day by temptation. Some days it doesnt bother me AT ALL. I love my job, this is my dream but good grief...I need more willpower..

Wow, that is a tough position to be in. Maybe tell yourself that every cookie you eat means you owe yourself 50 push ups, 2 mile jog, or $20 towards your skinny clothes fund? You would have to keep track and collect in full, but it would be a deterrent. Also keep health snacks around and readily available. Then you will have a choice. I know I am basically lazy and would rather eat a carrot than a cookie and have to do 50 push ups!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    As jensbran said, STOP TAKING THE LAXATIVES NOW. My mother abused laxatives for years until her colon became floppy, twisted and she ended up having most of it removed. She has a colostomy bag for life. Trust me, you don't want that.

Now that I've scared you (sorry), please stop beating yourself up. We women are soooo good at that. Go ahead and treat yourself every now and then. This fitness/weight-loss journey is for life. Can you honestly stop sugar, red meat and pork forever? My hangup is McDonald's coke. Love the stuff. My daughter says it's like crack to me. I allow myself a McDonald's coke when I really crave one. I just make sure to make up the calories with exercise.

Hang in there babe! Your MFP friends are here to help. :flowerforyou:
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Make your sugar cravings something you work for.. Just like the A you work for in school.. Just like that customer you bake a cake for. You work hard to get the things you want. You save to buy, etc. Make the sugar a reward. I can have a piece of candy IF I work out. I can have a brownie IF I burn of the calories first. What it is going to take though is serious hardcore discipline.. If you need a buddy to sway you, then email me and we can swap numbers for texting motivation. When you get a craving I will kill it! :)
  • nctj
    Options
    As jensbran said, STOP TAKING THE LAXATIVES NOW. My mother abused laxatives for years until her colon became floppy, twisted and she ended up having most of it removed. She has a colostomy bag for life. Trust me, you don't want that.

Now that I've scared you (sorry), please stop beating yourself up. We women are soooo good at that. Go ahead and treat yourself every now and then. This fitness/weight-loss journey is for life. Can you honestly stop sugar, red meat and pork forever? My hangup is McDonald's coke. Love the stuff. My daughter says it's like crack to me. I allow myself a McDonald's coke when I really crave one. I just make sure to make up the calories with exercise.

Hang in there babe! Your MFP friends are here to help. :flowerforyou:

that is scary and I'm sorry she had to go through that. Mtn, Dew and Dr. Pepper was my crack. I cant believe I've been this long without one. Thank you for the encouragement:smile: