How long do you wait....?

Options
My question to everyone is how long to you wait after making a change before you can tell if it's working or if you should stay on that path?

For example, if you make a change in (reducing or increasing) your calorie amount-how long should you stick to that amout before giving up on it? Is two weeks long enough ?

If you make a change and don't see a difference in x weeks/days, you should try something else.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it 2-3 weeks. I'm almost 7 weeks into a plateau and a week ago I upped my calories by 200 a day. I'm still fluctuating between the same pound that I was a week ago. I'm going to give it at least 2 weeks and I may wait 1 more just to give it a fair chance.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I usually see a change (up or down) within a week of changing something. I usually try and give myself 2 full weeks just to see if it sticks or not.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I would usually notice after about 2-3 weeks as well
  • jaysus
    jaysus Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to go at least 3-4 weeks, consistently. If I hit a plateau for a few weeks, I'll usually forget everything for a week and eat like I want to and may skip workouts just to let my body "reset." Just don't do what I did in March and kept resetting for a month, haha! It's all good though, we're back on track.
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    OK thanks everyone. Will def. give it two full weeks before moving on to another strategy!!
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I just recently started my journey in general. I would say it takes 3 to 4 wks for your body to adjust to changes in your diet or exercise before seeing any true results.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    at least 2 weeks....
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    at least 2 weeks....