Thoughts on the Bikini Body Guide (BBG) program?

Options
I've heard a lot of great things about this program and just curious if anyone has tried it, and if so, what were your results like?

I wouldn't call myself a fitness buff, but I've been working out consistently for months and have made some great strides with weight loss. I'm just breaking in to the 190's so I was a little worried that may this program is beyond my capabilities... but again, just looking for some feedback! :)

Replies

• cjnyc
    cjnyc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BBG is an awesome program! You will need to stick with it to see results. Food is a huge part which I'm struggling! But even with the struggle, I can still feel and see the difference. Have you seen the samples of the workouts? It's hard but doable. Check out instagram #bbgcommunity or #kaylaitsines and you will see all the amazing results! Good luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    What do you find a struggle with the food?
    Is there a particular food guide or calorie goal that one has to stick to to get results?

Cheers, h.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I checked it out once - if I recall, the program is high intensity (plyometric / jumping) bodyweight workouts, slow cardio on "off" days, and a lowish calorie diet. So it makes sense that people get quite lean on it.

I personally really enjoyed the energy and fun of plyo when I did it (different program), but I think it contributed to some injuries that are now chronic. If I were to do it again, I'd stick with low-impact cardio all the way, because it'd be great to be able to be active, with no limits, over the long haul.

You can get a comparable intensity by doing intervals (with any cardio activity) without as great a risk of injury, and you could get the same results by doing those kinds of intervals, a couple of days of light lifting here and there, and some longer, slower cardio, and keeping a big enough deficit.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I followed the exercise guide but not the diet guide (stayed with my own food in a deficit). I actually liked the workouts as it was challenging-- when I first saw the plan I thought it was some easy stuff, but it actually had me sweating and huffing pretty quick! I noticed a lot of strength gains particularly in my upper body, (could hardly do a pushup before I started) but no real physical changes. I did the 12 weeks then moved on to lifting heavier and my own cardio
  • hannonmak
    hannonmak Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think my favorite part about it is that it progresses with you. Although it follows a 12 week format it's possible to repeat it a number of times through, improving your own endurance and strength each time. Checking out the instagram community is the best way to truly see the results some girls get following the guides. Personally I've never followed the diet because 1) I don't buy my groceries and 2) it was a good amount more expensive, but plenty of the girls swear by the nutrition guide as well.

She also has a new app out which seems pretty cool, a lot more interactive, but also a lot more money.