Hard time keeping on track.

Options
I have 2 girls (4yrs and almost 2yrs) so my days are pretty busy and i found that the last few weeks i have really not kept up on the working out, with running errands and all the other fun summer stuff that comes with 2 children. I know i do way better at sticking to things if they are planned out, i love having schedules and everything planned out and written down and for some reason i seem to do better at getting them done and sticking to them if their in writing. So i wanted to start a planner for workouts where i can set what workout to do on what day and at what time, i think it will help me stick to doing it better than i am doing on my own, because as i run around i just think to myself "oh i will do it later when i have time" (which i never have lol) so does anyone know of a good workout planner book i can buy and fill out or even a template i can print off and fill out? thank you.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It takes planning. When you go to the store have a plan ahead of time for all the busy times. Cook once and use the ingredients through the week. Get plenty of fruits and veggies and low cal snacks. Even Healthy Choice and Lean Cusine have low cal,low carb low fat options. There good for something fast. I wouldn't do it all the time but in a pinch. When you have a min. do some research and plan for next week.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I use a daily planner. My workouts are scheduled in my day just like a business meeting or a play date for the kids. If someone wants to do something when I have a workout scheduled I just tell them I have plans at that time and see if we can find another time that would work.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I have 2 girls home this summer too, and they keep wanting DQ or eating out.so frustrating, I do so well on my own.Just try the best you can, and planning is a great idea, even when I do that, something screws it up.Oh well, gotta enjoy the kiddos too.Hang in there, you'll get on track!:wink: I just use a little notebook, that way I can throw it in my purse to remind me of what I already ate that day.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think you are right on track with planning your program. I have a very crazy schedule sometimes start working at 9am and end at 9pm - sometimes have looser schedule. But I have to plan everything my food and my workout - I find as a rule I need to work out earlier in the day or right before dinner or else I don't have the motivation or something else gets my attention. I think any calendar book will do - sometimes even just a piece of paper works - there is something really motivating about writing it down.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I know there are companies that make actual workout books, but usually these folks charge big for those special things. I would think your basic calendar functions on your computer would work well. Print a weekly page! Oh, and don't forget to come up with exercises you can do with the kids for those days you can't get time away!
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    I posted something similar this morning. I totally understand. We have 3 boys - 3, 6, and 8 - and I have a home daycare with a 3 yr old an an 8 yr old all day... so it's 5 kids vs. me... so I'm really busy! It's hard to fit it all in to one day, the day needs more hours. I need to plan ahead better as well.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have a regular wall calendar on our fridge and have my workouts as well as everything else we have planned written on there. I have different colors that I use for different people and different activities.
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks! i will have to look into buying a day planner.