25lb down, same size jeans

Options
I'm wearing tops a size, or even 2, smaller, and I did manage to zip up a smaller sized pair of jeans today - but it wasn't a good look! I know that the weight will come off where it wants to first, and generally I'm not being impatient. But I'd planned to go shopping today for a new outfit in a smaller size for my New Year's Eve party. I guess it'll just have to be a new top instead!

But NEXT new year it will be a totally fantastic whole new outfit!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stay away from salty foods and drink lots of water until then.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Are you in the plus sizes? I am, and there is a ton of variance and inches between sizes and brands. It gets better as you lose more. Even if you're not in plus sizes, we don't always shed fat uniformly.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I feel you! My first 30lbs (first six months) I lost several jean sizes....the next 35 (and the next three years) ive lost one... but good job for losing that 25! it'll get better, i promise :)
  • wallingf
    wallingf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Couple of other options....
    1 - were your pants "snugger" than your tops to begin with? That's not uncommon....but then you would feel the "looseness" more quickly with your tops - even if you lost uniformly

2 - were you "top heavy" to begin with? I was "bottom heavy". VERY bottom heavy :-P I've dropped 6-7 pant sizes, while only dropping 2 top sizes.
  • GoldenLuv23
    GoldenLuv23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain weight in my thighs/butt first, so thankfully that's where I lose it from first also. I imagine you're the same way with your top half! Your bottom will catch up, don't worry.
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My trousers were DEFINITELY snug to start with, and are considerably looser now. I was in denial and refusing to buy any bigger clothes! My top half has always been smaller - even when I was young and ( relatively!) slim. I know that I will get there, but I am apple shaped and hold the extra weight around my middle. I'll carry on being patient, and buy a fabulous top instead!
  • sarahredhaira
    Options
    And yes I have a long way to go. I'm not sure where "there" is yet, but I know that I'm not even half way there yet!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs and my clothing size has stayed the same. :| But I just tried on my old jeans the other day, and they do fit a lot better than 30lbs ago... Even if I still have a long way to go until a smaller size.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and only down 2 jean sizes... was almost to 3 jeans sizes down and found out I was pregnant! Seriously devastated me... I was almost out of plus sizes! BUT I still have my head on straight most days and have been making good choices through these past 8 months... 6 more weeks to go and back on track should be back down to pre-pregnancy weight within maybe a month.
  • sarahredhaira
    Options
    Well, I may not have any new jeans for New Year's Eve, but I do have a new outfit, thanks to my shopping trip today!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25lbs and I'm mostly in the same size as I was before losing it. Some clothes are starting to fit looser but definitely still fit. I just keep working at it. Obviously things are changing so what I'm doing is working. I did take some measurements and I've lost about two inches.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Just keep plugging along. I'm your opposite: down in jeans but no big changes up top.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    For the first 20 pounds or so, I stayed in the same size 18 jeans. They were getting looser for sure, but I kept wearing them because it seemed like they still "fit" ok. When I finally got around to trying on my old size 16 jeans at about 35 pounds down, I found that they were pretty loose, so I tried on a pair of REALLY old size 13 junior jeans I dug out of the closet...and they FIT wonderfully!

When I went back and put on the size 18's I had worn only a few days ago, I couldn't believe that I had still been wearing them. They were super baggy and gave me no shape at all. Those jeans are now in a bag destined for goodwill!

My point here is that sometimes it takes a while for us to mentally shift to that smaller size, even though our bodies are already there.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant contol where the weight comes off lol (wish we could!)

mine came off my boobs and back (wth?) first. was probably 30ish pounds before i started losing pants sizes, and then it dropped FAST (22 to 14 within a couple months) then it slowed and was coming off more evenly. and it seems to cycle, so if that trend holds, my next sizing will likely be from the top again (WHYYYYYY??????? lolol). currently im a 10 or 12 in tops and dresses and a 12 in jeans.

and for me, at least, its not a case of wearing baggy clothes, as i flat out refuse to wear clothes that dont fit and am CONSTANTLY buying more (well, its slowed as i have less to lose now, but you know what mean). thrift stores are my best friends! it took 50 or so pounds for me to SEE the loss in the mirror but i knew i was much smaller as my sizes dropped. i just couldnt SEE it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Are you in the plus sizes? I am, and there is a ton of variance and inches between sizes and brands. It gets better as you lose more. Even if you're not in plus sizes, we don't always shed fat uniformly.

I think the only valid comparison of sizes would be the same model of the same brand made in the same factory ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I think the only valid comparison of sizes would be the same model of the same brand made in the same factory ;)

we can dream..... lolol
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight it took me 40 lbs before I could squeeze - SQUEEZE - into a smaller pair of pants. Really disheartening sometimes, but that's just how it is! This time around, I think I'm losing in a different way. Down 24 lbs and I think maybe when I hit 30 lbs I may try a smaller size of jeans.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just wait for it. ...if you keep up the good work, the day will come when you realize that you can pull those jeans down without undoing the fly! It's a great day. I remember my own experience with that fondly.
  • lcthatsit
    lcthatsit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and shop for flattering dresses until your bottom catches the hint. 25lbs is too much to get discouraged now.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad to not be alone in this. I've lost 30 lbs and my clothes are still the same size. It definitely blows. I definitely spend a lot of time repeating to myself that change will come, I just need to keep going.