Garcinia Cambogia?

Options
I bought some garcinia cambogia yesterday,has anyone tried it,does it work?

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    What's the return policy?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There is no magic bullet for weight loss (yet). Garcinia cambogia is a "supplement" not a drug, so it's unregulated. That means marketers can make any kind of wild a** claims they want.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it does not work.
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's the return policy?
    If you didn't open it you can return it. I didn't open it yet. Plus it was only 4 dollars anyway. So you're not wasting tons of money if it doesn't work.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    No. It does not work. The only thing that works is eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. I'd get those $4 back and put it towards a food scale, that'll do far more for you than a scam.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't work. been there tried that
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    No. It does not work.

Luckily, calorie deficits are a less expensive alternative to supplements that do nothing. And they have the bonus of a guarantee of working if you can stick with it.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I bought some garcinia cambogia yesterday,has anyone tried it,does it work?

Does it work at what? What do you believe it will do for you?
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nope, like others said return it and your $4 closer to a food scale.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147&vis=837529825.14022720006240

Conclusions.— Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    examine.com/supplements/Garcinia+cambogia/

Summary: Although there is some limited potential for (-)-Hydroxycitric acid as a weight loss aid, the magnitude of effect is quite low (up to 2kg over 3 months) and the benefit is unreliable; making it hard to recommend this compound as a fat burner or anti-obesity agent.

Standard dosing of Garcinia Cambogia and its bioactive, (-)-Hydroxycitric acid, is 500mg of (-)-Hydroxycitric acid taken 30-60 minutes prior to a meal and usually taken at up to three different meals daily.

It is unsure if this is the ideal dose since human studies usually fail to find a benefit with any dosage.