At what point is resting it not enough?

Options
So I tweaked my ankle trying to run on the treadmill on...Wednesday. I have been trying to be gentle to it and have made sure not to run on it...but it still hurts...quite a lot.

I know better than to try to run on the treadmill but I did it anyway. Not the brightest bulb here I am afraid.

So at what point do I say this has hurt too much for too long I need to see a Dr?

The pain is on my left foot...just under the ankle bone. It hurts to be pressed and hurts to walk. It doesn't seem to be swollen and it isn't bruised...it just hurts. I am trying to stay off it as best as I can but I have a 3 year old and a BUSY almost 5 year old so that isn't so easy to do I am afraid. I have been icing it off and on but it doesn't seem to help at all and just makes me cold.

Replies

• mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You should have it looked at. My husband hurt his ankle running 8 months ago and waited too long to go to the doc, now he has had physical therapy 3 time a week for the past 3 months and it still bothers him when he works out. Hope it gets better for you soon!
  • KnittingKat
    Options
    I would get it looked at. You would hate to have it messed up badly!

I sprained my ankle last year (October I believe) and spent some time on crutches (I have three small boys, plus the extra two kids I babysit for so it wouldn't work not to have a way to get around) I can still tell occasionally that it isn't perfect (I have bad knees so I can be rough on my other joints trying to save my knees)