Coke Zero=Caffine...anyone?????

Options
DturmenD
DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
Ok, so I live in Charleston, SC where it's already reaching temps of 100 degrees plus!!!! So coffee might not be the best option for caffine. So my question is, would the coke zero products, like the vanilla coke zero, cherry coke zero and regular coke zero, be a good source of caffine? I only ask because these a soda products, but they have NOTHING and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING in them....HELP!!!!

Replies

• lyndsaysutton82
    Options
    why don't you drink iced coffee? not a frappuchino, just a plain brewed iced coffee instead? or an iced tea? both of those have the caffeine, and the antioxidants that make them a better choice.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be one of "those" people, but most all sodas are really bad for you - tons of chemicals. Do you like iced tea? :flowerforyou:
  • determined3138
    Options
    They still have artificial sweeteners which isn't good for anyone. How about ice tea with lemon? That should give you some caffeine.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I quit drinking soda for nearly 4 years, then I got with my now fiance and all he drinks is Coke, so inevitably I began drinking soda again. The easiest way I've found to give me a "Coke fix" is by having a Coke Zero. I'd say go for it! I'm sure there's something in there that's bad for you, but if you're primarily counting calories, then it'll do you no harm.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i wish we had cherry coke zero or vanilla coke zero up here. i guess they just never caught on in Canada.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I would go with iced tea, or throw your coffee on ice.
  • dunedingirl
    dunedingirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida and make myself a gallon of sun tea every couple of days....I don't sweeten it but put a slice of lemon or lime in and it feels good on a hot sunny day. Plenty of caffeine too and you can get creative and add some green tea in w/ it and it's even better for you!
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Caffeine pills are VERY cheap.

BUT, if you wanted to drink it, Coke Zero is just fine. I drink at least three or four caffeinated diet sodas a day.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda but yes, coke zero has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero!!!! I dont care what anyone says...I have 1 a day...and its delicious!!! =)
  • dervlaland
    dervlaland Posts: 19
    Options
    I love coke zero!!! I dont drink coffee so its my caffine kick :)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having one....the problem comes when you're drinking several a day. Aside from the artificial sweetener there's the sodium aspect. A doctor once told me(when I was drinking lots of cokes) I needed 3 glasses of water for each can of coke because of the sodium. I usually have a coke every day or 2 but I use it as a treat
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero when I want a treat... something other than water. I dont like tea or coffee, so coke it is for me.

I say go for it, but not in excess.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    5 hour energy shots work a charm, or redbull. Probably equally as bad for you as coke zero but you get more caffeine.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    Well while I have given up soda products- I can say if you need one you need one. I was just talking to my mom about all this the other day. If we have a craving we don't need to deny ourselves- I get my caffiene from an iced coffee if I need it- but overall cutting out the soda and coffee (for the most part may have one coffee a week- which is a HUGE DEAL) has been such a benefit for me.

But if you want to drink say an unsweet tea get some MIO to put in it- the tea will have caffiene and also go for an brewed ice coffee with half & half and splenda or whatever sweetener you want really -- but totally don't give up on if you need a cup of caffiene get some :) I say rock it out!!!

Best Wishes
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda. Caffeine dehydrates so it is not good to drink it when it is hot.
  • heathernadam
    heathernadam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to drink ALOT of diet coke! I still LOVE it! BUT, I try to stay away from it as much as possible b/c I find the (for myself), I start craving EVERYTHING later in the day. I attribute this to the artificial sweetener. Now I do iced coffee. YUMM! And, when I can afford the extra calories I make myself a homemade frap. Freeze your leftover coffee into ice cube trays. Blend with milk, a little chocolate syrup and half a banana. It's DELISH:) Good Luck!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm in Atlanta so I feel your pain. And I've started running in this nastiness.
    I do love Coke (especially Waffle House Vanilla Coke) but since gaining 12 pounds in 4 months I've given up regular soda (and Waffle House). I tried Diet Coke and Coke Zero but I've realized they make me hungry. I eat lunch out once a week at the office and if I have anything with fake sugar I'll be starving an hour later, even if my lunch was bigger than normal. For example, today I took a 35 minute walk/run, had a Slim-Fast, a 90 calorie Fiber One bar and a cup of tea. I feel fine. A few weeks ago I went out and had a gyro, potatoes and diet coke and I was starving by 2:30. I've switched to iced coffee in the morning and unsweet iced tea in the afternoon.
    So, the moral of the story is, if it works for you, go for it. There are healthier options but sometimes you just need a Coke. Just watch to see if it makes you hungrier.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    aspartame is deadly...i avoid it like the plague!

Try iced green tea with lemon and stevia!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Soda and diet soda is horrible for your health.

I have been using a 1 gallon container from an Arizona tea from a while ago and just keep making my own green tea (which has caffeine) and add a little bit of honey.

If you like coffee, then like people have already said here, just add ice and enjoy it.

Why not make a gallon container of both tea & coffee and keep them in yr refrigerator.