I can't do it

Options
furry180
furry180 Posts: 31 Member
edited December 2015 in Getting Started
I have tried so many times to reach mu goal, that now I believe myself - I can't do it.
I m tired of so many diets low carb, high protein, shakes but no success (I learned something new from every diet).

In 2016 - I don't want to diet, I want to follow a system - my fitness pal, because it is easy to use (especially when weight moves from weight loss ticker to total weight lost).

Let's see if in this year I can or I can't

Replies

• MicaelaEspinosa
    MicaelaEspinosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Micaela and I am struggling too. Maybe we can be a support to each other.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Well at least you've already figured out that fad diets don't work longterm. Your further ahead then many here already !!! So congratulations! You already know it needs to be a lifestyle change for this to work longterm. Your well on your way already !
    Just get yourself a food scale, learn portion control and moderation and you'll be fine ! I've lost all my weight and kept it off for 2+ yrs so far just by counting calories and using the tools I've learned ( portion control and moderation) i enjoy all the foods I love , but within proper portions. I believe in Moderation not deprivation!
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've been struggling but MFP does really work. If you can track and log everything you eat and keep a deficit in calories, you WILL lose weight. It will be slow but steady AND it will stay off for good. It's the best way to long term success. You can do it!! Utilize your friends on here (make a lot of them! They're here to help!) and you'll have the support you need! Good luck on your journey!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Yes, you CAN! It sounds to me like you need to start believing in yourself. set one small goal for yourself at a time. When you meet one goal, move on to the next. You've got plenty of support here to help you on your journey. Best wishes. :)
  • furry180
    Options

Thank you ladies for your support. Yeah, first step is to accept that it is a journey with no shortcut.

• furry180
    Options
    Hello My name is Micaela and I am struggling too. Maybe we can be a support to each other.

Hi
    happy to support you and be a diet buddy.

• lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. Every time you meet your target you get a shot of motivation. It so works.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So what is your "it" or your goal precisely, the one you can't do? It doesn't matter if you believe you can or you believe you can't so long as you are clear about your goal. Like..I can't imagine dancing with a smiling baby elephant with a yellow umbrella wearing a pink tutu! Oh dear... I just did! So if you say "I can't run and skip like a child on a beach on a warm summer's day" you are already setting that idea in motion.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I've never met anyone who WILLINGLY wanted to do this, not be successful. If you fight it or give up due to some deterrence, obstacle or set backs, then you probably won't succeed. Ask anyone who's successful, and they will ALL tell you there was something that slowed them down or challenged them along the way. They just figured out how to get past it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It all begins with a desire, and breaking down your goal into manageable steps. Celebrate each victory and before you know it, you've succeeded! But you have to believe, and writing it down and reviewing regularly, will help you stay focused.
    etbyenk8nm0s.jpeg
  • furry180
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    So what is your "it" or your goal precisely, the one you can't do? It doesn't matter if you believe you can or you believe you can't so long as you are clear about your goal. Like..I can't imagine dancing with a smiling baby elephant with a yellow umbrella wearing a pink tutu! Oh dear... I just did! So if you say "I can't run and skip like a child on a beach on a warm summer's day" you are already setting that idea in motion.

Thanks Abm..
  • furry180
    Options
    It all begins with and breaking down your goal into manageable steps. Celebrate each victory and before you know it, you've succeeded! But you have to believe, and writing it down and reviewing regularly, will help you stay focused.
    etbyenk8nm0s.jpeg

Thanks Kathryn ...need to follow these steps now, every single day. .
  • furry180
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I've never met anyone who WILLINGLY wanted to do this, not be successful. If you fight it or give up due to some deterrence, obstacle or set backs, then you probably won't succeed. Ask anyone who's successful, and they will ALL tell you there was something that slowed them down or challenged them along the way. They just figured out how to get past it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks ninerbiff...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, you're right.
  • furry180
    Options
    Whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, you're right.

thanks Skinny.. I feel motivated to use MFP ..)