Managing weight and mental health.

Options
Just wondering if there is anyone who struggles with mental health issues and this affects their weight. I have PTSD/anxiety/depression and this affects my weight. After a tough couple of years I have stopped my medication and feeling quite good, though am at my heaviest. I am starting (again) to lose it. Would appreciate being in touch with anyone who has similar situation and is wanting to talk openly to each other. Or any kind of mental health struggles, doesn't have to be the same. Thanks.

Replies

• ttaylor2658
    ttaylor2658 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety and borderline personality disorder. This affects my weight. I also stopped medications and. Now use exercise to get me out of moods, and get my mind in a good place. It is hard feeling ugly, fat, unpretty, and alone. Would like to be freinds. Mabye we would understand each other and be able to help each other.
  • LizzieJane9332
    LizzieJane9332 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your message, that would be great thanks. I see you have already lost 10 kilos, that's amazing!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have recurring depression (so it's away for a little while and then hits me like a freight train) and it's difficult to stay under calories when I'm severely depressed. But, like @ttaylor2658 said, I use exercise to make myself feel better, even if that's just a walk around the block.

My best advice is to be kind to yourself. If you fall off, know that it's natural and think of the big picture (ie, not what you missed this week, but how you've been doing overall)