Christmas fallout

Options

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Move on. It's over and you can't change it.
  • JennB629
    JennB629 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    So who else has gone completely off the rails in the past few days?!

It doesn't help that my kids are home on break, and they're all sick...... So my groove is messed up! I usually drop them off at school & then workout when I come home. I'm just winging it until they go back to school on the 4th. Still counting calories, just haven't been able to excersise.
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This makes me happy to know I am not the only one who hates myself for the overly gratifying past couple of weeks (the damn cookies just keep appearing). Oh well, back to work!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    yeah. sigh
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ugh. Xmas eve night and Xmas day were pretty gnarly over here.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    off the rails? no. a bit more indulgent than usual? sure.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I ate slightly above maintenance on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and skipped a workout. I didn't worry about logging until after meals (I usually pre-log as much as possible), and was pretty surprised to find that I didn't end up going way over, which was a nice surprise.

With the past couple days being lower on calories and higher on exercise, I should come out this week pretty okay. :smile:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    December is pretty much a write off for me every year. I log breakfast, and move on. But this is my third xmas in maintenance and have learned that it is gonna happen, the secret is to get back on-board asap.

This. I get breakfast logged and eaten, and then... well... shucks. Back on board already. And New Year's isn't nearly as difficult for me as Christmas is.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been off and I can't blame it all on Christmas. I tried a new weight loss plan that was horrible and not as flexible as they claimed to be , so I "rebelled", but at least I logged it! . An appointment with the nutritionist tomorrow and some brand new size 4 clothes coming in the mail will kick me back into gear :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I did. I'm bulking so I was already in a surplus. Then I just went to town. I gained another inch in my hips, and almost an inch in my waist. I should have reeled it in a bit but I didn't. Guess I won't be wearing a little black dress for New Years...or the rest of the winter for that matter.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I gained about 3 pounds over the course of a couple weeks. But I never really felt out of control. I love Christmas cookies and I figured I would just eat what I wanted (within reason) and once Christmas was over I would just get back into logging. I started up again yesterday and everything is going great. I figure Christmas is going to come every year and every year I'm going to want to enjoy Christmas cookies so gaining a couple pounds isn't a big deal as long as I get back to my better eating habits afterwards.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    totally me... been binging on chocolate... bad bad bad...
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Binged Christmas eve night and all Christmas day and back to normal the next day. I regret nothing.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Full week of uncontrolled eating everything in sight! Vacation over Jan 1st and then I'm cracking down. No idea yet what the damage is, but I've eaten 3 meals plus at least a dozen cookies everyday. It's my mom's gourmet cooking that I only get once a year, so I just let myself go all in. Couldn't even begin to estimate calories in these 20 ingredient dishes, so I haven't tried. Will be happy to pick up logging on Jan 1st.
  • lilypond45
    lilypond45 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This was the first year where I didn't use the whole of December as an excuse to pig out. I maintained for two weeks before Christmas then gained a pound (so far) after. Normally I gain 7pounds over December but I worked so hard to lose that in the run up I couldn't face losing it again. It is hard now. I'm logging but still going over. Trying to rein it back in before another couple of pounds pop on.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The 3 lb gain (whether it was water, fat, whatever) I saw on December 26 was gone as of this morning. So 4 days to go up, 4 days to come down. Just in time for New Year's Eve, sighhhhhhhhh. :neutral:
    At least I'm hosting at home, and even though I'll be serving up some yummy bites, I know exactly what will go in, and I will be sure to serve up a big platter of fruit, veg and salad to fill up on as well.
    It's about time to start a New Year's Fallout thread!
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I put on about three kilos earlier this month but I've lost it all. I think I've replaced muscle with fat though :(
  • Jenna8915
    Jenna8915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am really proud of myself this year - I planned ahead, exercised hard everyday for the week leading up to Xmas, and created myself an additional 3000 calorie deficit, of which I consumed 2000 calories on Xmas Day. I haven't gained an ounce (in fact, I still lost the pound I was shooting for this week!), and I even managed to persuade myself to go out for a short run on Christmas morning! I plan to do something similar for New Year to offset the alcholic calories that will inevitably be consumed... but I am feeling very positive this year!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    its allowed at Christmas :smiley: and then after a few days of indulgence we get right back on the tracking wagon again and all is well :smile:

(I am almost back to pre-Christmas weight already, go me :smiley: , its only ever water weight)
  • AuthenticSports
    AuthenticSports Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Germans celebrate on the 24th followed by 1st Christmas (25th) and 2nd Christmas (26th) then my wife's birthday is on the 27th. That's a lot of pitfalls to avoid so I tried a little bit of everything and kept the portions reasonable. Where I slipped up was with the leftovers ... my grandma raised me to not waste food ... I caved in a couple times with them until I threw everything out except some remaining turkey.