Zero calorie/Keto friendly sweetener?

Options
Any zero calorie to Keto friendly sweeteners anyone can recommend? I'm ok with stevia products because I know it's better for you. I love the taste of Splenda, but not what's in it (dextrose, maltodextrin). I just tried Pyure and it's way too sweet :(

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Xylitol
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Splenda is poison (chlorine). Stevia is the only safe sweetener.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The liquid sucralose drops. I buy the brand called Sucradrops on Amazon, but there are others. They are super sweet. I can sweeten a large tea from McDonald's with 2 drops.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Any 0 calorie sweetener should be keto friendly.
  • valskeete
    valskeete Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    By "Keto friendly sweeteners" I mean super low calorie/no carbs. Zero cal (and powdered form) is preferred.
    Thanks in advance
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Totally following this thread. I love and use Splenda but have since heard that it's not quite as good for you as people once thought. Good tips in this thread as I have and incredibly sweet taste preference with both food and drinks.
  • valskeete
    Options
    I would like a zero calorie sweetener that tastes and has the consistency of Splenda; that is similar to the health attributes of stevia. I've tried Truvia. It's definitely closer, but still has a stark sweetness and is a granular consistency, not powdery like Splenda- which is desired. I have done some research, but I can't find much on taste and consistency...
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    Options
    Pure via stevia Maybe?..I use the pure via stevia sometimes and find it sweet enough for tea and stuff and actually like it compared to other types of stevia I've had before
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Totally following this thread. I love and use Splenda but have since heard that it's not quite as good for you as people once thought. Good tips in this thread as I have and incredibly sweet taste preference with both food and drinks.

@FluffyAndFestive
    use ez-sweetz liquid sweetner, it's basically splenda without maltodextrin and dextrose in it.
    i get the ez-sweetz bottle version that says 1 drop equals 2tsp or 1 packet of splenda (450 servings per bottle).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I tend to use the liquid stevia drops (like Sweet leaf) sparingly. It works well in baking and coffee but too much will give a bitter aftertaste.

I would avoid sweeteners with maltodextrin. That seems to be a common carb used to bulk up "sugar-free" sweeteners.
  • veggiegirl228
    veggiegirl228 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use stevia in the raw, it's in a green box for the packets.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use SweetLeaf stevia packets in hot beverages and SweetLeaf liquid in cold stuff like iced tea and greek yogurt.
  • princessryanolivia
    Options
    "Sweetleaf"it has fiber so 0 net carbs, they have it in Hannaford hope this helps!:)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I really tried to like powdered stevia but I just don't. Liquid stevia drops are all right. I like the taste of Splenda but use it somewhat sparingly. I bought a 5lb bag of xylitol on Amazon b/c I read good things about it but still need to actually try it!
  • valskeete
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I really tried to like powdered stevia but I just don't. Liquid stevia drops are all right. I like the taste of Splenda but use it somewhat sparingly. I bought a 5lb bag of xylitol on Amazon b/c I read good things about it but still need to actually try it!

Let me know how the xylitol is one you try it. I hope it's a lot like Splenda. I have sugar in the raw powdered Stevia, but it has a strange aftertaste.
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    "Lakanto" monk fruit and erythritol natural sweetener is delicious... Comes in white and golden blends... Both are delicious...