Insanity Nutrition Plan...

Options
How strict is this? I'm not eating enough calories I don't think, plus I don't eat a lot of the foods that are in this thing. I'm an uber picky eater, and I usually don't have time for 5 meals a day by their standards (when I work long shifts, no way to prepare food, microwaving food meant to be eaten fresh SUCKS). Does anyone know of some substitutions? Is it about calories or about what you're actually eating?

Replies

• bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i cant see the plan your on?
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what the Insanity nutrition plan is but I think it's pretty low. It's just a guideline anyway. Everybody is different and needs a different amount of calories to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight (depending on your goals). Just make sure you're eating clean foods and drinking a lot of water. That plus doing the Insanity workouts should get you great results. Try to learn as much as you can about nutrition on your own and that will help you so much.
  • CodyD18
    Options
    Oh, and to answer your question, it's about both really. If you're trying to lose weight you should eat healthy foods but you still can't eat too much or else you won't lose weight. Also, you could eat really bad foods but not eat that much of it and you'd lose weight but you would probably have some nutritional deficiencies. I'd recommend eating a moderate amount of healthy food. :) If you're trying to bulk up you can't just go eat a few extra big macs, you'll want to have a clean bulk or else you add on a lot of extra fat as well. Anyway, I hope that helps a little.
  • bulgariBLACK
    Options
    Definitely does. Thanks! I just set myself for a 1450 colorie a day plan from here, we'll see how it goes!
  • bulgariBLACK
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what the Insanity nutrition plan is but I think it's pretty low. It's just a guideline anyway. Everybody is different and needs a different amount of calories to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight (depending on your goals). Just make sure you're eating clean foods and drinking a lot of water. That plus doing the Insanity workouts should get you great results. Try to learn as much as you can about nutrition on your own and that will help you so much.

...and what exactly is a "clean" food?
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    What is the insanity plan?
  • bulgariBLACK
    Options
    1900 base calories, 5 small meals throughout the day. It's the one with Insanity by Beachbody. It's called "Elite Nutrition". I think you can download just the nutrition plan through scribd.
  • tskrehot
    tskrehot Posts: 2
    Options
    A 'clean food' typically means any food in it's most natural, unprocessed form. The more that man messes with food the more our body has a hard time processing it. 'Clean food' or 'Whole food' is the best, preferably organic so that you don't have to ingest pesticides.
  • CodyD18
    Options
    Yeah, by clean food I mean unprocessed, organic food. Most things that are labeled "Diet" usually aren't that great for your body because they have a lot of artificial fillers in them. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.