2015 Progress - 98lbs down, more to go!

Options
JanerichoC18
JanerichoC18 Posts: 32 Member
edited December 2015 in Success Stories
Thank you everyone for your motivation! I still have work to do, I want to cut another 30-40 lbs, I kind of stalled out and need the extra motivation to push through on the next big cut. I started my journey running a tough mudder (well waddling/walking/skipping obstacles) and at 1 year I was down almost 100 lbs when I ran my 2nd tough mudder, which I was doing great up until i fractured my ankle (and still ran/gimped the last 3 miles so :p .) I figured I would try something different and post here for once and look at my progress rather than the uphill climb that's left, I am not happy with what I see in the mirror still but do need to accept and be happy for what I have accomplished once in a while.

On a side note I have taken such a big love for what I am doing that 4 months ago I quit my job, moved across the state and enrolled in a nutrition program so i can become an RD. Once I drop more weight I plan on becoming a certified trainer and hopefully be self employed (gotta use that business degree somewhere) as a trainer to pay the bills until I am a RD so I can help others who struggle with weight loss and nutrition as so many do and I have in the past/still do. This is my ultimate motivation!

Before : 355lbs
63cd71d050b41027bd0f748b10f82c6f4752.jpg

Current : 256lbs
63cdab1bc65e2ac9c9bc1255173319352d86.jpg

Before and During
63cd8bf7bb66681864adf14f48d0b080fcbb.jpg

Tough Mudder #1 to #2
63cd35f17f596303fbc1991a0bde642bcf7c.jpg

Replies

• bonniegoodeye
    bonniegoodeye Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You are looking and doing fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us on here.
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! WTG :smiley:
  • Karyn1415
    Karyn1415 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss and following your dreams.
  • Mercadeze
    Mercadeze Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lad :-)
  • JanerichoC18
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MarielStarr
    MarielStarr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Damn, son! Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far. That's awesome that you're going to pay it forward. Good luck!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great. Huge inspiration for me. Thanks for posting :)
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kicking butt, sir. Great job!
  • Anustrt4me
    Anustrt4me Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Buddy! Great job you have done so far and yes we need to remember where we have come from. I started out in 2010 at 293. joined MFP (the first time) 2012. Got down to 213 last year (December 2014). Then my daughter OD'd on heroin and I went into an emotional eating downward spiral and gained 40 pounds and dropped off the program. I was devastated. I started back on MFP in August (the 17th) and have dropped 25 pounds of what I gained. I am taking a different approach to it this time though. I am lifting weights along with my cardio and recently started a Zumba class. This in itself is a real challenge but I just keep moving. I want to be somewhere between 175-190 and just keep on strengthening my body. I am giving myself another two years to reach this goal and know that the closer it gets the harder it is going to be to lose. I just know that I can do it and reading posts like yours makes me know that I will! Congrats again for your progress so far and pat yourself on the back....you deserve it!
  • JanerichoC18
    Options
    Thank you every one for your kind words and support. I can't wait to lose the last little bit... I may even get an ab or 2!
  • JanerichoC18
    Options
    Anustrt4me wrote: »
    I'm right there with you Buddy! Great job you have done so far and yes we need to remember where we have come from. I started out in 2010 at 293. joined MFP (the first time) 2012. Got down to 213 last year (December 2014). Then my daughter OD'd on heroin and I went into an emotional eating downward spiral and gained 40 pounds and dropped off the program. I was devastated. I started back on MFP in August (the 17th) and have dropped 25 pounds of what I gained. I am taking a different approach to it this time though. I am lifting weights along with my cardio and recently started a Zumba class. This in itself is a real challenge but I just keep moving. I want to be somewhere between 175-190 and just keep on strengthening my body. I am giving myself another two years to reach this goal and know that the closer it gets the harder it is going to be to lose. I just know that I can do it and reading posts like yours makes me know that I will! Congrats again for your progress so far and pat yourself on the back....you deserve it!

That's crazy! Sorry you had to go through all of that and sorry for your loss. My weight gain started when my father passed away so I completely understand how that is difficult to bounce back from, it's extremely difficult to get out of the dark mindset from it, I'm happy to hear you are pushing through!

Keep focused the weight lifting will definitely help speed things up! While I've noticed the scale likes cardio, the mirror really likes cardio and weight lifting and at the end of the day being happy with what's in the mirror is key. Keep up the hard work, you're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!