I need help , i wanna lose weight very quickly

Options
hello everyone , I want become nice and healthy . i started my diet . and i walk every day 45 min on my way to work . but this not enough for me to have the shape that always dream it someone have some tips or program to help thanks friends .

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Losing weight rapidly isn't going to make you nice and healthy.

Eat at a calorie deficit, exercise if you want to, drink lots of water and be patient.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Forget "quickly" and just go for "nice and healthy."

Don't have a time limit. Eat at a calorie deficit (use a food scale for solid foods to be as accurate as possible) and you'll lose the excess weight.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    When you find the secret let us all know. It takes hard work to lose weight. It's not quick.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am down 70 lbs.... it took 3 years.
    patience and time... time and patience.
  • zacari92
    zacari92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes patience and time i know but some people says losing weight on 21 days some have idea ?
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    zacari92 wrote: »
    yes patience and time i know but some people says losing weight on 21 days some have idea ?

Anything that claims to make you lose significant amounts of body fat in 21 days is a scam.

Slow and steady wins the race. You didn't get fat in 21 days, you won't get slim in 21 days.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're talking about 21 day fix?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Anything that says you will lose weight in "21 days" "fast" or "quick" is most likely a scam.

http://www.hellawella.com/5-ways-spot-weight-loss-scam

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are your:
    -height
    -weight
    -activity level excluding purposeful exercise
    -amount of exercise you do per week
    -weight goal
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Anything that promises very fast dramatic weight loss is not a healthy, sustainable plan. Trying to lose 5 lbs a week is not a good plan.
    Don't try to lose more than 2 lbs a week. If you have less than 50 lbs to lose you are probably better off aiming to lose 1 lb a week. If you have less than 20 lbs to lose then .5 lb a week may be an even more appropriate goal.
    Eat the calories MFP tells you to lose the amount you have chosen. Log everything you eat and drink as accurately as you can. Be patient.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    When you find the secret let us all know. It takes hard work to lose weight. It's not quick.

I know the secret but I won't tell.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't trust any "weight loss" website that has a tab for supplements.... that can't spell the word "supplement"
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    well, if you look at the entirety of existence, losing any amount of weight in your lifetime could be considered quick. If you want to be healthy, it takes time. But if you really want to lose weight quickly I suggest learning more about your body and why you think you need to lose weight quickly. Other than eating at a deficit and finding some exercise you enjoy, there's not much else you can do that is still considered healthy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Forget "quickly" and just go for "nice and healthy."

Don't have a time limit. Eat at a calorie deficit (use a food scale for solid foods to be as accurate as possible) and you'll lose the excess weight.

+ 1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    "healthy" and "losing weight very quickly" are generally mutually exclusive. You kinda gotta pick one or the other. You can lose weight and be healthy, but you're gonna have to slow your roll if you wanna do that.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Are you talking about the 21 day fix? If so its just another beach body product ( multi level marketing )

Slow and steady wins the race. For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit. Be sure that your calorie deficit is reasonable yet responsible. Depending on your stats , it may only be recommended to lose 0.5/1lb per week. These things take time.
    There really isn't any quick fixes or short cuts. This should be about a lifestyle change, not a quick diet. Quick diets usually end in regaining because the person did not take the time to learn the tools needed for long term success.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    This will not end well.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Are you talking about the 21 day fix? If so its just another beach body product ( multi level marketing )

Slow and steady wins the race. For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit. Be sure that your calorie deficit is reasonable yet responsible. Depending on your stats , it may only be recommended to lose 0.5/1lb per week. These things take time.
    There really isn't any quick fixes or short cuts. This should be about a lifestyle change, not a quick diet. Quick diets usually end in regaining because the person did not take the time to learn the tools needed for long term success.

Not to mention the increased loss of lean body mass, which often ends up with an unsatisfying appearance.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    hello everyone , I want become nice and healthy . i started my diet . and i walk every day 45 min on my way to work . but this not enough for me to have the shape that always dream it someone have some tips or program to help thanks friends .

My first tip is to get rid of the notion that you will lose weight very quickly. Slow and easy wins the race.

What are your stats? How much do you have to lose?

Set your goals up in MFP to lose a pound a week, weigh and log all your food, stick to your calorie allotment, and your will lose weight.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    People wanting to lose weight super fast show up all the time here, and you know 21 days comes and goes and we never know what happened because poof! they've deactivated and disappeared...
    But there are literally HUNDREDS of people here on 100, 200, 300, 400 day streaks who have lost weight gradually and realistically who could probably help you a lot with fact based, life tested advice.
    Just sayin'