Hi Everyone,

Options
Well, I have been using my motto, Begin-Again since last summer but now it is officially BeginAgain2011.

I was on a really good path until November when my mom died at 71 of heart problems. I ate and drank my way through the following 3-5 months, now about a month in Im ready to throw myself back into the routine.

I am a hiker and a cyclist. I usually avoid the gym at all cost. I have about 45 lbs to lose in total but my first goal is 16 lbs from where I am at now which will have me at the top of my healthiest BMI. I am hoping by signing up here and meeting people I can get additional motivation and encouragement and I am pretty good at encouraging others myself.

So there ya go, hello and and I look forward to meeting you

Twinkie

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome. We wont let you go down that path again. My dad died from heart disease in his early 70s as well and now I've learned that I had better change my ways before I end up the same way. You'll do great here, just stay with us.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • outburstjessi
    Options
    Hello!!

I know how you feel. I spiked up to 200+ lbs after my mom died due to surgical complications at 59 years old. After almost 2 years I realized that I needed to shape up if I didn't want to wind up like her....(a LOT of her issues were due to her weight - she weighed 300 lbs). I am already down 5 lbs and have about 45 to go - Looks like we can really help each other! Feel free to add me as a friend!!

Jessi
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here to support and encourage each other on this journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board!

Grief is so hard to deal with.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Welcome! Sorry about your loss. My dad passed away in March this year, which also threw me off my weight loss. I'm back on track just two weeks now. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you need some extra encouragement!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss - I lost my mum last year at the age of 72 as well. She was diagnosed with cancer and died three weeks later. I know how easy it is to lose control of your life. But if you feel you are ready to get back on track then this is the right place. You'll find lots of support and motivation - feel free to add me as a friend.
    Lindsay
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend. x
  • suzyqcookie
    Options
    I can so relate... I joined a gym (again) in March... made it three times. I found myself walking on the treadmill and thinking about how ridiculous it was (for me) when I live in such a beautiful country (Big Sky Montana) and can get outside and walk or ride a real bike. To put it simply.... I was bored silly on that treadmill. So I got off the treadmill... went home and aired the tires in my mountain bike. I am so over the Gym... I have certainly put in my days there... and know it will never last because I hate it. So, new note to self: Find exercise that doesn't bore me and that I will stick with.
  • twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. Its tough to lose the weight. I lost it all and put it back on about 5 years back. Together we can do this thing

:happy: