Emotional eating

Options
I don't know where to begin. I want to eat at the moment. I'm not hungry, I am very angry. I hate my emotions make me.want to eat. It's a terrible addiction. I am not hungry. But I want to eat. How stupid is that. It's late and I don't want to really eat. I am the only one who thinks food is an addiction.

Replies

• nobodyhasthis1
    nobodyhasthis1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I guess...sometimes I feel they make u more hungry. .or it could be in my mind. Idk...just don't want to start popping pills either
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    KJett2012 wrote: »
    Appetite suppressant?

And how would popping a pill help this op overcome her feelings to eat when not hungry ? If anything, it would just be putting a bandaid over a dog bite. Instead, learning about why you feel this way and tools to work past it would provide a long term solution.
  • nobodyhasthis1
    Options
    I did the diet pills for a while. With 4 kids..i started liking the energy a bit too much but didn't see any difference in weight. Till I felt addicted to the pills. I'm getting old, I gotta do it naturally.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Let's not distract ourselves with the addiction question. You're emotional eating, and that's rough. Food is soothing. Food is at the bottom of Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs. We psychologically and physically seek it.

There's no "cure" but you can try and do better and -- while "Perfect" is not available, "good enough" is all that is required to lose weight.

I've done well keeping sugar-free Popsicles, Fla-Vor-Ice Light, or Sugar-free gelatin in the house. It's sweet but won't harm your progress.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    With the addiction nonsense aside ,
    If you are having trouble eating while your not actually hungry then it may be beneficial to look into what is causing you to feel this way. Getting to the root of the problem will help you solve it . diet pills and appetite suppressants will not solve the problem and don't work anyway. ( if they worked then we would all be thin. They do not work so we need to put in the hard work necessary. There is no quick fix or short cuts )
  • lucymcmmck
    lucymcmmck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm the same. When I get upset o tend to eat so one think I've been trying to do recently is when I get angry or upset I try channeling that into something other then food. So example I just went for a very good work out and I don't feel so upset anymore. This may or maynot be the healthy think to do but it's working so far:p.
    Best of luck I hope you find something that works:)
  • nobodyhasthis1
    Options
    Well..I didn't eat. Thank you for taking time to talk to me.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    That's great that you decided not to eat while you where not hungry.
    Believe me, most of us on this site have been there ! Its not easy! But it can be done. You have the power to overcome this problem! Think about what could be causing these feelings and then think about ways to work through it.