Deadlifts hurt my back

Options
2»

Replies

• amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ummm. I am not a doctor but I am old enough to know if an exercise causes pain not soreness you need to quit it for a while. And go back cautiously. Regardless of why it hurts you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    BonyCastro wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Alright you all!! I'm going to get an X-ray tomorrow just to make sure because it's really hurting today after my deadlift work out. Sucks! Thanks for the comments
    Can you post a video? I learn a lot by seeing them and if your X-ray is normal you might have some good feedback waiting here for you.

I can post a video the next time I get to do it which it will
    Probably be in a week

If you're getting x-rays shouldn't you be planning on not lifting at all, upper or lower body, for a few weeks to a few months? If you are hurting bad enough to see a doctor about it then you should be avoiding lifting.

I had a chiropractor appointment set up for tomorrow already so I'm just going to ask for X-rays because is not the first time this happens w deadlifts.

Regardless of what the x-ray shows, you clearly need to lay off the deadlifts for now. Let yourself heal. That could mean no deadlifting for quite awhile. Then get a good trainer to help you out.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have u had lower back problems in the past?

The lower back is an area that is especially susceptible to injury, largely due to poor posture and excessive slouching throughout the day. Consistent deadlifting can help prevent this though. And many people incorrectly believe that deadlifts will increase the risk of injury to the lower back, they’ll actually have the opposite effective when performed properly due to their strengthening effects on the back and its connecting muscles.

Try some sumo deadlifts instead and see how your lower back feels after that.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    PROPER FORM!