Haven't really exercised, where do I start?

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm just starting to try this app. My goal is 20 pounds! So, I'm excited to get fit!! My question is if I'm doing enough to lose this weight. Considering I haven't really done any hard physical exercising/ watched what I ate, I have started with counting my calories and jogging for 45 minutes a day. If anyone could give me some tips on how they lost weight, please let me know!! Thanks!

Replies

• amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Logging and jogging should work. I lose weight if I log and do regular exercise. I maintain if I can't work out but log food. I gain if I don't work out regularly and don't log what I eat. I want to lose 15.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Jogging 45 minutes will surely help the fat fall off. If you eat at maintenance you will lose doing just the jogging. Cut back 500 calories lose an extra pound a week...
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    you should also lift. I strongly suggest Stronglifts 5x5. They have an app and everything.
  • cperret31
    cperret31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. This helps!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting for weight loss.
    Exercise for health.

You should eat back at least 50-75% of your exercise calories. (Exercise machines and trackers can overestimate, so that's why you don't eat them all back.)

You need to fuel your exercise. Otherwise you risk health problems.

Good luck.