Help I need some motivation!

Options
Hi everyone! Well I'm very new to this and in need of some friendship groups to help me along the way, and hopefully I can return the favour too! I've always been a happy size 12 but since having my third child I've ballooned to a size 16! I'm gutted I've let myself get to this size and feel very sad and depressed with the way I see myself in the mirror so as new year is approaching I've decided to take this upwards hill to loose some weight!
I hope you can join me in this journey!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Don't be down on yourself, just give yourself a pat on the back for deciding to make changes
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie. You can do this. It really is great that you've decided to make a change, and you have landed on a great site.

I'll warn you that if this year is typical of previous years - there are about to be a lot of new people in the forums... which is great that people want to make a change; however, with the very best of intentions many new people deeply desire to help others, and are often repeating poor advice (e.g. NEVER eat after 8:00 pm, NEVER skip breakfast, Eat only Brussel Sprouts). So over the next few weeks it becomes a bit of a challenge to find great advice. (Don't be discouraged - There are many very knowledgeable people on the forums, and you will meet many. )

You should know that the very best advice has already been set aside for you to find easily under the thread most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads

And if you are only going to read one - I'd suggest Sidesteel's: a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Feel free to add me if you like and I'll do what I can to help.
  • Steatra
    Steatra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie. I'm like you. I've been about a size 10-12 happily for a few years as my body has been spreading since kids. I have finally gotten to about a size 14. I've been logging in for about 8 days. I've made a very sincere turn around and I am starting to see some results. It's been a long story and it is very difficult to stay motivated at first. If you stay consistent and see what works for your body you will get motivated. I personally am on a low carb diet along with a gym routine that makes me feel rewarded and not worn out. I know I can't eat much sodium either because my body balloons. Those are the only tips I have but good luck. I wish you the best for 2016.
  • Natalie201911
    Natalie201911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you hunni for your reply it means a lot! I've been quite motivated today but struggled this evening as id normally be dibbing into the chocolate tin whilst watching corrie!! , so far I've avoided thank goodness !
    Fingers crossed 2016 will be a slimmer year for me X
  • Natalie201911
    Natalie201911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you to all you for the inspirational comments! This is the start of a new Nat!!! XXXX
  • montrealsue
    montrealsue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, aiming to log and track daily, and to use tracking for meal planning. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    add me if youd like, I need more active friends on here. I was fit and worked hard to get there, but got pregnant with my 4th and got off tracked and gained it all back, my daughter is now 14 months and im just now getting back to business and could use all the support i can get
  • chrisnawoo
    chrisnawoo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie! Nice to meet you.I am a mom of 4 boys each time I get pregnant I gained all the weight that I lost so that's why I am trying MFP for these fast 4 days and struggle to fight the urge to eat junk foods cause I can be emotional eater when I have problem. I went from size 8 and now size 11 and hope to lose 40 lbs in one year or 1 lb a week.I just request you to add me so we can motivate each other and we can do this cause I believe 2 or more is better than 1
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support along your journey. Set yourself up for success, be your best in 2016.
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :#
  • alee_xoxo
    alee_xoxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie! Welcome to MFP. How are you finding it? Like you, I feel that I need some friendship groups to help me along my way, so if you’d like a new friend and an extra person of your cheer squad – feel free to add me. I’ve been MFP-ing on-off for the 12 months or so, by tracking calories and making subtle shifts in habits (e.g. no soft drink and eliminating heavy carbs like rice and pasta at dinner time for me has been a real game changer). I’ve lost around 17kg (slowly but surely) and would like to shift another 5kg, although I feel like I am plateauing and could use a little boost in the form of some active MFP friendships! Take care :)
  • fitparisj
    fitparisj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! ❤️