Back Fat, Love Handles, and Bra Overhang.

Options
I've been working my upper body -- but apparently I need ot take it up a notch.

Anyone know any killer moves, or routines or DVDs for getting rid of the back fat, the love handles, and the bra overhang? I don't know how to get this problem area!

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Let me know when you find it.

OR....

You can start wearing long line bras. Kills that foolishness instantly
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can't spot-reduce fat.
    Just burn, and it'll come off.
    The first place you gain it is the last place you'll lose it.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately spot reduction is impossible. Fat comes off where it wants to first. Try increasing your cardio. It is possible to spot tone but the results of that only show after the fat is reduced.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Just like the above said, you can not spot reduce :(. After the fat is gone however you can strengthen the muscles in those certain areas.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - I have the dreaded "Bra Bulge" which I've noticed has reduced significantly as has my "back roll"! :)

To add to this - it incorporates strength and cardio because, as others have pointed out, you can't spot reduce - but melting the fat away with cardio and toning definitely helps!
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a secret. You need to continue losing weight, but be sure you continue wtih your weight training so you don't lose muscle in the process. I just hit 120lbs (30 lbs lost) and finally just saw the last of the bumps go away on my back.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You have to lose overall bodyfat to get rid of those, you can't just reduce certain areas. Good luck!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've had to go to a smaller size bra (happy about that), but I would love to know what exercises work to tone that area.
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    I really like the Tracy Anderson Method. It tightens and tones your whole body.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    if it's fat, might have to wait til it comes off that area with general weight loss. When I had lost about 8 lbs, I noticed that my shirts were fitting better, and have noticed it again since i started 30 day shred. I wasn't doing any specific exercises, I just seem to lose extra flesh there first. And in my boobs, too, which is making me crazy, trying to find bras I have that will fit and not be gapping or overflowing.

Best of luck, going to watch this to see if there are any killer moves, to banish the last of those nasty bits.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I've had great success with Turbo Fire. Like others said you can't spot reduce, but cardio will help to burn the fat. Remember muscle burns fat at a higher rate, so along with cardio you need to do strength training.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    either start wearing spanks or work your *kitten* off doing cardio...you can't target your fat loss, but you can sure burn it all around...
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? I've found that machines that work my back, chest and even arms have improved this area significantly. (so much so that I had to have almost inches taken in on my bridesmaid dress that i was fitted for at the end of December.) building muscle in those areas will help tone, and while you can't take fat off a certain area, toning the muscles underneath will help.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    just keep working - from past experiences it will eventually disappear! good luck!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Best way to fix them is to build up the muscles beneath. You can't just remove fat from one area but you can stretch the area with muscle and make it taut.

Most of those areas are target-able with abdominal exercises.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba does it for me. Also Kettle bell or barbell overhead swings.

I know a lot of people say you can't spot reduce but sometimes I don't know now. From my experience I know when I did Zumba for a entire month I saw better results around my waist, hips and back as far as losing inches then when I was on the treadmill the entire month before.
  • dawntillery
    Options
    When I was in Basic training, we did a lot of lay flat on your back. legs out an dpick them up and hold them there till it about killed us LOL, then push ups, and go like ur going to do a push up and sag in the middle, arch your back. It helps believe me. Toned the hell out of those areas and RUN a lot.. oh and putyour hand on your waist and bend side to side (helps some but not as much as the other moves) good luck.. ALso try a shaper from a decent shop just till you get it under control.
  • dawntillery
    Options
    Zumba does it for me. Also Kettle bell or barbell overhead swings.

I know a lot of people say you can't spot reduce but sometimes I don't know now. From my experience I know when I did Zumba for a entire month I saw better results around my waist, hips and back as far as losing inches then when I was on the treadmill the entire month before.
    Girl you are looking great in your after pix. You are awesome.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Work the muscles under those areas and do low-impact fat burning cardio as well.

I also take Tonalin CLA, which is a supplement that helps your body more efficiently burn viceral fat (the stuff under the muscles that protects the organs). I started taking it at the advice of a trainer in my gym and I do believe that those supplements in conjunction with my varied workouts are helping :)

Good luck!