Can I just eat everything in sight and get it over with?

Options
The way I see it, if i go ahead and eat everything in sight.....there won't be anything left to tempt me, right? Nah, I know that won't work but seriously - hasn't everyone felt like this before? Why is it so hard to fight the temptation of that candy bowl in the office kitchen? And who the heck puts a candy bowl in the office kitchen when 1/3 of the people in the office are on a diet. Considering there are only 3 of us in this office, I understand that means I am the only one dieting but still....come on! Can't you keep that in your own office instead of right next to the low fat no taste cardboard lunch I am trying so hard to stick to eating? I should get a big prize for choosing the cardboard over the candy when the two choice are right next to each other staring me down!

Replies

• meeshurwin
    meeshurwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thats harsh!

I work in a cake and icecream shop so i feel your pain! Being surrounded by temptation constantly is tough but i just try and think of what i want in the long run. As Kate Moss said...no food tastes as good as skinny feels :P
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think you should start a petition to remove that bowl from the kitchen, 1 signature is very powerful!!

If that fails chuck it away when no one's looking and deny all knowledge.:huh:
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Empty out the bowl and refill it with fruit.. and try to find a way to make your food more tasty ^^ Low calorie doesn't always have to mean nasty.. i think my meals are quite tasty and i still have lost 8 pounds so far..

On a different note, yes, I do have days where i just want to raid my freezer and eat everything i keep there for those times that i have lft over calories on my diary.. and sometimes.. sometimes i do it.. and it's never caused my to gain weight yet since it's only now and then.. still sucks.. blah. lol
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you are depriving yourself then you are most definitely more likely to eat everything in site! I know when I'm too restrictive with my diet I am more likely to rebel. So I sneak in treats within my calories for the day so I am not likely to binge on it all at once. Although there are some things that I just can't buy because I will eat them all at once.
  • fitforMYSELF
    Options
    I think you should start a petition to remove that bowl from the kitchen, 1 signature is very powerful!!

Lmbo! I agree if nobody sees then nobody knows lol!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If your lunch is no taste cardboard you;re doing it wrong. I think everything I make is delicious and go out of my way to make sure that it is. That in my opinions the difference between a diet and a lifestyle change. That is also far more sustainable than any diet could ever be.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I second the idea of chucking it and denying all knowledge of it. It is nacho day tomorrow at my work and we have treat days a lot, so I know the feeling. But, unlike your situation, I am one of two on a diet of about 25-30 people at my office. I think our voices are too small to be heard. I was told one day to just deal with it when I mentioned all the treats in the lunchroom. :angry:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd get rid of the cardboard lunch. While it may have a load of fiber in it, it doesn't sound very tasty. I like my healthy lunch of Tilapia w/black bean salsa. Tasty, good for me and low in calories...
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

I 2nd this opinion. What I hate is when I leave the office sometimes as a nice treat I know that the girls are sharing, but they leave candy on my desk or something and I'm like damn it, now I have a drawer full of candy, which I plan to start leaving on their desks...lol
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Leave a note for the cleaning crew to help themselves!!! (if there is a cleaning crew :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    thats harsh!

I work in a cake and icecream shop so i feel your pain! Being surrounded by temptation constantly is tough but i just try and think of what i want in the long run. As Kate Moss said...no food tastes as good as skinny feels :P

Except cocaine in her case
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, if i go ahead and eat everything in sight.....there won't be anything left to tempt me, right? Nah, I know that won't work but seriously - hasn't everyone felt like this before? Why is it so hard to fight the temptation of that candy bowl in the office kitchen? And who the heck puts a candy bowl in the office kitchen when 1/3 of the people in the office are on a diet. Considering there are only 3 of us in this office, I understand that means I am the only one dieting but still....come on! Can't you keep that in your own office instead of right next to the low fat no taste cardboard lunch I am trying so hard to stick to eating? I should get a big prize for choosing the cardboard over the candy when the two choice are right next to each other staring me down!

yep. this is why i had a fat-attack :-)
    My general feeling is if I eat it all right now then I won't be tempted to eat it. But a change in mindset has lead me to lose 18lbs and I still have easter chocolate left over! Normally it's gone within a week... It's been about 2 months now!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I like the idea of chucking the candy and re-filling the bowl with fruit!! Or just be subtle and move the bowl to one of their offices so you don't have to look at it.

If you can, try to make room in your daily calories for the occassional treat or you may just end up caving and eating all that at once. Better to have a small taste now and then to relieve the cravings than go completely overboard!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i am SOOOOO having one of those days myself! stay strong! u can fight it. i didnt... but im picking myself back up now. feeling ill too i might add. lol.
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    thats harsh!

lol, exactly what I was thinking!
  • meeshurwin
    meeshurwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thats harsh!

haha true that! I don't advise that as a dieting option!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Yes, there are days when I want nothing but bad food! However, you need to allow yourself every now and then something into your diet that you think is "bad" because you will binge eventually. I was PMS'ing hardcore last week and ate 3....I kid you not 3 candy bars in one sitting!!! I've NEVER done that. EVER. And it's all because I felt so confined to what I could eat and that womanly "If I don't have chocolate now, I'm going to die" feeling. I sure as hell fixed it, and I actually stayed in my caloric goal for the day, but don't feel your food has to be bland. I've actually began liking foods I normally didn't like because my taste buds are changing. I never realized how junk food is so simple in flavoring...but yes, it's nice to induldge every once in awhile. Try some dark chocolate. It's really yummy, good for you and can help take care of a sweet tooth. Strawberries in particular, but any fruit really...dice them up and sprinkle some sugar, Splenda, Sweet 'n' Low, etc. on it and that's a delicious treat! It doesn't sound like the ideal sweet fix, but trust me, it's good!!! I like the idea of emptying the candy bowl and filling it with fruit. Or you could simply inform the person who filled it that while you respect and appreciate their "gift" to the office, you are on a diet and would appreciate it if they kept the candy in their desk and to inform the other person that they are welcome to the candy bowl which will now be located on said persons desk. It may sound brash, but your co-worker should have enough respect for you to do so.
  • herdqt21
    herdqt21 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yea I feel your pain as well! My Barbie like boss placed an order for supplies...when it came it was filled with all kinds of junk food!! I'm on week 2 of my diet and I some how have been able to resist the junk food at work THANK GOODNESS!!! I just found this site via youtube and I love it!! Can't wait to track my food and exercise to see how well I'm actually doing :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    is it a glass bowl? cause you know s**t happens, this fall, cleaning crews are careless (whether there is one or not)
  • beachgirl0776
    Options
    My lunch doesn't really taste like cardboard, it actually is very good. I have found several varieties of lean cuisines that I really like. But, no matter how hard I try, they still don't taste like the candy in that bowl! I do allow myself a small portion of a 'treat' when I really want something because I know that if I don't I will sit down and eat a whole container of Keebler Coconut Dream cookies......those things are just like the girl scout samoas (sp?). Uh-oh....I brought up girl scout cookies on here! Sorry guys....but we can all be strong together!