Tomorrow is my one day off....should I work out?

Options
I am subbing a lot lately and Wednesday is looking like my only day I'm not teaching group ex. I've been trying to fit in some other workouts because my body is so used to Spin and Pump. Tomorrow is my hubby and my anniversary so we will be going out to eat tomorrow night. I'd like to workout to gain some extra wiggle room for tomorrow's dinner....but it is my only day until NEXT Saturday that I'll have the opportunity to skip the gym. I'm in a pickle! LOL! What would you do?

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I would workout, but something fun instead of training. For me, that would Zumba instead of running or biking. That's just me because it's hard for me to enjoy dinner out when I know how far over my calories I will be by eating that food.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    maybe just a walk or jog?

I find it hard to take "rest days" as well...but I still try to get in one a week...or at least a day where I just take a short easy walk :)
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you have time in the morning, do a light workout and you will gain some extra calories but not kill yourself doing it.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I say work out so you can enjoy your anniversary dessert without guilt.

Have fun!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I usually workout on my rest days. I think when I was doing P90X, I took maybe 2 rest days to myself, and I felt super guilty about it. Just listen to your body, if you think you need a rest, then do it, if not, do something simple, like going for a walk, or a slow pace jog.....Good Luck!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling "skip it" then skip it. You work out every day, right? One day's rest is ok.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Take the day off. Your body seems to need a rest and it wont do you any harm whatsoever :bigsmile:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    rest days are just as important as workout days
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You could switch tomorrow with another day. Then you'd have a bit of wiggle room and can "rest" on another day.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Work out, but something different.
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    Take a nice walk! "Active rest"