Working out at home

Options
I'm now the mother of 2 young boys 2 yrs and a 3 month old. I would really like to get a work out regimen started that I can do from home. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to burn fat and tone at home. I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    'Burning' fat will come from a calorie deficit. How that deficit is created is entirely up to you as an individual, but it's worth baring in mind that it is valmost impossible to out-exercise a 'bad' diet (ie over eating). Exercise certainly helps create a bigger deficit though.
    I personally love fitnessblender (they have a YouTube account and a website) for home workouts. They even give you calorie burn estimates :)
  • MBM82284
    MBM82284 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started T25 2 weeks ago. It's a less intense version of Insanity but still very challenging. I do the workouts at home and they are only 25 minutes long. The program is 10 weeks long. If you order it off their website you'll pay $119.99, but if you go to Ebay you can get it for $40 with free shipping.
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, its on youtube (level 1 & 2). They are 30 minute videos that will really challenge you with easy to follow moves.
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lots of options. Partly depends on you - what you like and what you will be able to keep doing.

There isn't really any *need* to buy much "equipment" unless you like that sort of thing. There are many HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) type workouts that use minimal equipment and are excellent ways to improve your fitness. A few websites that I have seen that could help (and if you search you will find many others)

https://zuzkalight.com/
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/
    and a site I've only recently started looking at but looks pretty good: http://darebee.com/

There are also a LOT of timer apps to help you time your intervals for an HIIT program

Google can be your friend here if you are patient. Search for HIIT, or Tabata, ... you get the idea

Tip:
    Start easy if you haven't done much fitness-related activity in the last little while
    Find something you like - Videos are great for some people - others like daily HIIT type "Workouts Of the Day" - Whatever you can enjoy.

Best of luck!

• TSWGirl
    TSWGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love darebee. Im on day 23 on the Foundation program. :)
  • canadamomgetshealthy
    Options
    hi :) i'm a working mom with two young kids (3 and 1) and I've only just recently come to terms with the fact that if i want to lose weight i will have to exercise once the kids are in bed. so I've been starting to do workout videos or walking when the kids are asleep!
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do yoga videos from DoYogaWithMe.com
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Lots of options. Look up Leslie Sansone on YouTube. Simple walk at home videos that I think you'll enjoy.
  • NaomiNicole83
    NaomiNicole83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your great suggestions!!!
  • LunaNueva22
    LunaNueva22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Tiffany Rothe workouts & Jessica Smith TV on YouTube!! I love both of their workouts! :)
  • brown_eyed_girl13
    brown_eyed_girl13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Emily Skye has a free app with free daily workouts, most of which can be done at home. I just downloaded it, haven't tried it yet though.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Anything cardio is good. Jillian Michael's DVD are great. I lost alot of weight my first year w here.
  • Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love using youtube. I created my own workouts by combining shorter videos (some weights, some abs, some zumba, some tabata) that I liked into a 45 minute playlist. Gets a lot of variety in!
  • grshaadi
    grshaadi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lots of options. Look up Leslie Sansone on YouTube. Simple walk at home videos that I think you'll enjoy.

Thanks for this. I saw your post a few days ago when I was new at MFP. I did not at that time know how anything worked like adding friends etc. I checked out the video and really liked it. Every day when I go on you tube I thank you mentally for mentioning that. I kept looking for the post and only now found it. Thanks again