All you people who have gained weight during the holidays

Options
and enjoyed all the awesome food, I so envy you!
Day 5 of everyone in our family being ill, and our festive meals being weak tea, more weak tea, dry toast, tiny amounts of chicken and plain potatoes. Oh, and did I mention weak tea? Apparently the only beverage that agrees with this terrible stomach bug :( No family gatherings, had to cancel a day trip, had to cancel dinner with friends, had to cancel even the movies.
Have lost 3 kilos in 5 days, and I really really would trade with anyone who has gained ! At least, you had fun !

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear! That sucks very much. Get well soon, aggelikik!

The gastric flu once hit my whole family like this. Very, very unfun. Have you got some Gatorade or Hydrolyte on hand? That might be a little more palatable and helpful than just weak tea? If all else fails, I remember being given flattened lemonade as a kid.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I hate the weight I've gained but you are right - I would so rather have that than what you have been through. Hope you're on the mend
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you were ill :/

I had a fantastic time and didn't gain... I always keep active and do the whole eating in moderation thing which works perfectly :smile: (didn't always find that easy but its now habit, we can change how we eat :smiley: )
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    No weight gain here either, as today is day 14 of a nasty head cold/sinus infection. Thought I was on the upswing yesterday, but my nose decided at 4 am that it's time to play again, so up I am. So happy we have a huge family gathering two hours away this afternoon :(
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you all were sick! For years, it was "tradition" for me to catch something similar for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I switched to maintenance right before Thanksgiving and managed to lose 2/10 of a pound over the holidays, even with indulging and periods of not logging. I've found that I naturally moderate my intake now. Like Ruthee, that habit thing is happening here too.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Bless you! I didn't gain, but I'd rather gain than be ill. I hope everyone recovers quickly.
  • walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hope your feeling better have you tried applesauce it does help with stomach disorders of terrible trots with flu we have been recovering from a nasty sinus cough flu your lungs and ribs hurt from chronic cough so lots of hot broth and tea and honey here....hope you do feel better..
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 1/2 pounds, and I am not worried. I'm home, and it's time to get back to my routine. I'll be hitting the pool and the weight room in about an hour.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    and enjoyed all the awesome food, I so envy you!
    Day 5 of everyone in our family being ill, and our festive meals being weak tea, more weak tea, dry toast, tiny amounts of chicken and plain potatoes. Oh, and did I mention weak tea? Apparently the only beverage that agrees with this terrible stomach bug :( No family gatherings, had to cancel a day trip, had to cancel dinner with friends, had to cancel even the movies.
    Have lost 3 kilos in 5 days, and I really really would trade with anyone who has gained ! At least, you had fun !

What the heck! Was it a food item or meal that caused this? Which one?