any good books to read over the holidays?

Options
dee_thurman
dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
I am looking to read anything for the fun of it. Anybody reading anything that is really good?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    No but I'd like to know too
  • ongoingwhy
    ongoingwhy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been reading any English novels, but you could try reading the Protector of the Small quartet by Tamora Pierce. This has been, and probably always will be, my favourite book series. You could also try her Circle of Magic quartet. Or if you're feeling adventurous and want to read Chinese books, you could try 斗罗大陆 or 绝世唐门.
  • dee_thurman
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions. The last book, i think i might have a hard time with. I will look into the other ones
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading Cell from Stephen King. I just found out it was made into a movie that's coming out early next year.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    it's according to the type of stories you like. I like Brent Weeks. He has some good ones out
  • Omar_Apocrypha
    Omar_Apocrypha Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Recipes for Sad Women
    for hector apad
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    umarsa2 wrote: »
    Recipes for Sad Women
    for hector apad

Is that real
  • Omar_Apocrypha
    Omar_Apocrypha Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    umarsa2 wrote: »
    Recipes for Sad Women
    for hector apad

Is that real
    yup for hector abad faciolince
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    my favorite book is Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. VERY good.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Malcom Gladwell, Outliers.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The fog by James Herbert
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i'm really enjoying The Angel Tree by Lucinda Riley, not my usual read at all so i'm pleasantly surprised
  • graciehopeg
    graciehopeg Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok. All of you guys. You REALLY need to read the series "Maximum Ride". It is my absolute favourite. It's by James Patterson and it's about a group of avian-human hybrids. They were born and raised in a lab until a guy named Jeb rescued them. Yes, it may sound weird, a bunch of flying birds kids, but trust me, it is the best series I have ever read. I believe it's being made into movies too.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Ok. All of you guys. You REALLY need to read the series "Maximum Ride". It is my absolute favourite. It's by James Patterson and it's about a group of avian-human hybrids. They were born and raised in a lab until a guy named Jeb rescued them. Yes, it may sound weird, a bunch of flying birds kids, but trust me, it is the best series I have ever read. I believe it's being made into movies too.[/

I've read pretty much all his others-I'll have to try them!

I LOVE books, of all genres. Anything by Maeve Binchy. You fall into her stories and they wrap you up like a cozy blanket. Mainly set in Ireland.
    The Outlander series by Diana Gabledon. Great mix of sci-fi, romance and historical fiction.
    Speaking of historical fiction, James Michener. Truly one of the greats. He follows families through the centuries in various areas of the world. Alaska, Texas, Poland, Hawaii, The Source, The Novel...just a few of his titles I've enjoyed. They are LONG though, so give yourself ample time.
    Agatha Christie. Introduced to me by my Grandma when I was a pre-teen and still one of my faves. Easy, fun mysteries.

I could list many more, but it really depends on the genre your looking for.
  • pierportbeach
    pierportbeach Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Ok so what kind of books do you like? That will determine my recommendation. I read a lot. I like good literary fiction or highly readable nonfiction. Let me know and I'll come up with some good books
  • dee_thurman
    Options
    i like a little bit of everything. In saying that i am not really into horror books. Other than that I will read non fiction especially if it has a positive tone to it. I am looking to read to get something out of it plus the entertainment from it. I like books that leave me inspired or the book puts me in a good mood.