Dips in glutes

Options
So i started noticing that im getting deep dips in the sides of my butt. Is any one else having this same problem and is there anything i can do to fix it? I do lift but as a beginner so a lot of it is just with the bar or with minimum weight. Any advice would help

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If it is the same thing I think you are referring to, I have them too (I call them glute dents) and I believe they are genetic and a normal part of anatomy to do with how the glutes tie into the IT band. I've seen dancers and fitness models that have them (Izabella Falconi is one of them) but as far as I know there is really nothing you can do but rock them :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I believe that's basic anatomy and not a problem to be fixed
  • bryanna277
    bryanna277 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If it is the same thing I think you are referring to, I have them too (I call them glute dents) and I believe they are genetic and a normal part of anatomy to do with how the glutes tie into the IT band. I've seen dancers and fitness models that have them (Izabella Falconi is one of them) but as far as I know there is really nothing you can do but rock them :)

Im not sure what to call them lol but they have gotten deeper the more i lift the deeper they get idk.
  • bryanna277
    bryanna277 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I looked her up and thats exactly what they are :) thank you lol glute dents is what i am calling them now :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was a good thing- because its' getting closer and closer to the real frame of the muscle on the bone in its' cleanest form.

Shrug- if you don't like them- eat more.