HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE

Options
I am having really really bad cravings right now and I've already went over my limit on calories and I need tips to get rid of cravings :(

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me, I drink tea. There's this one that's vanilla and caramel flavored that really calms my sweet tooth.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    drink strong coffee
  • brockharris228
    brockharris228 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drink water its fills up fast or milk
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to make a decision: eat some of what you're desiring or not. Go further over your calorie limit or not. It's up to you.

You could always distract yourself from obsessing on food by doing something physical or changing your immediate surroundings, but ultimately you need to make peace with your calorie goal. Maybe it's too severe?
  • Xoxoacd11xoxo
    Xoxoacd11xoxo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks guys, it's getting a little better I'm gonna drink a bottle of water soon and workout for it to go away. Thanks so much
  • askonieczny4
    askonieczny4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Google "cravings and what you really need" Click images and it will tell you if your craving chocolate you need magnesium eat nuts. Sugar need ? Eat ? It has alternatives to get rid of the cravings. Like what healthy to eat when your craving bad stuff to get rid of the craving.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go to bed early for the sole purpose of not giving into cravings.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    For a lot of people cravings, and the suppressing of them, is a matter of will power.
    If you still have the craving, tell yourself you will work it into your calories tomorrow. Tonight munch a few veg.

Cheers, h
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's late. Go to sleep
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    alot of it really is mind over matter (and practice makes that easier you'll be glad to know!)....keep busy.....drink water.....find something to do....be strong! if you've had enough calories today you know you don't need to eat any more.
  • vchelnok
    vchelnok Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey - when food cravings are really bad - I normally do a short workout - 15 to 30 minutes. It frees up some calories, but also curbs my appetite. Of course water, coffee and tea are a great option. Stay strong & good luck!!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's late. Go to sleep

OP's profile doesn't state where she's from. It might not be late where she is, because of timezones. She also might have different waking and sleeping hours - maybe she works nightshift? Sleeping to ignore cravings is a good idea but it's best not to presume things.
  • walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hit the tea isle in market blueberry tea taste just like blueberry muffins and no carbs orange spice tea is good and any fruit leaf tea will have your mind thinking its eating sweet fruit..you can also buy cake flavorings in tiny bottles in spice isle and add that to your tea or coffee and it will taste like your favorite desert with no carbs good luck..it works for me
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    probably needs looking into deeper as some have suggested, but until you work out what is the reason for the cravings, (sometimes I think boredom and habit are the answer) I find that brushing my teeth, mouthwash then a good rubbing in of a scented hand cream helps. I hate the taste of almost everything else when I've brushed my teeth, and the scent and moisture of hand cream tends to put me off unwrapping or touching food, I also rub the cream into elbows and knees, (only for cosmetic reasons) while I'm at it as it takes up a bit of time not thinking about food lol. My skin and teeth and gums are benefitting too. Hope it helps a bit, good luck xxx
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough fats and protein, for satiety.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I like to assess why I am having the cravings in the first place. Am I tired? Did I meet my protein/fat macros? Did I meet my calorie goal (and don't have too big of a deficit if I exercised and did not eat back the calories)? Am I doing something that I might typically eat while doing (watching TV, surfing the internet, etc), or am I bored? Is it that time of the month and all hell is going to break lose unless I stuff my face with chocolate?

Why I am having the cravings in the first place helps me to see what I can do about it. If I'm bored, I might go for a walk (exercise seems to suppress my appetite), brew some coffee/tea, or chew some gum. If I am tired, I know it might be time to take a nap/go to bed or have some coffee and reassess in an hour or so. If I realize that I'm really short a macro/calories, then I have a snack (it's easy for me to incorporate the food/ingredient I want while trying to "catch up"on the short macro, like cocoa powder and cottage cheese if I'm short on protein or super dark chocolate if I'm short on fat).
  • Xoxoacd11xoxo
    Xoxoacd11xoxo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Google "cravings and what you really need" Click images and it will tell you if your craving chocolate you need magnesium eat nuts. Sugar need ? Eat ? It has alternatives to get rid of the cravings. Like what healthy to eat when your craving bad stuff to get rid of the craving.
    Wow this is really helpful, thanks a lot :)