why do I feel so fat today???

Options
I have been feeling very good about myself lately and then all of a sudden yesterday I just felt FAT. My clothes didn't feel as loose and and my energy dropped. Not my TOM. Haven't gained. Haven't ate poorly. Drinking my water. So what gives??!

Replies

• OliveJuice821
    Options
    I think we all have those blah days. I'm actually having one of those days today, but it's more tired than bloated.

Perhaps you've been having a lot of salt lately and it's just water retention? You can try cutting out more salt from your diet. How much water do you drink a day?
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Over Memorial Day weekend, I stuck to my calories despite being out of town. however, when I got home, the scale reflected almost 5 lb gain in just a few days. I couldn't believe it considering I had biked 26 miles, played a round of 18 hole golf and walked walked walked. I started guzzling the water and within 24 hours, I had shed almost all of it. Lesson: SALT IS BAD! Even though I had stayed well wtihin my calorie goals, I still retained TONS OF WATER from the high levels of sodium.

My advice: get your body moving (the endorphins will improve your mood) and start chugging that water! I bet you'll feel much better in the morning after a good night's rest.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i feel fat quite often think i eat to many carbs but dunno wot to swap them for
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Probably just an off day or something. I have them too. Tomorrow you will probably feel like sunshine. :bigsmile:
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    More than likely it's bloating due to too many carbs and sodium. I can't view your diary so I don't know that for sure.
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Interesting advice because I'm also feelings this way and have gained but staying on trackand my water intake has been down going now to chug a lug great topic!
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    OMG sounds like me today. I felt like hiding in my apartment and not coming to work. I look like a whale. I hope hope hope its carbs and water retention and not actual weight gain :(
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Momma said they'll be days like this, they'll be days like this momma said....
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    can any one help me upload a photo when i do it it just deletes as i click uploasd
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Momma said they'll be days like this, they'll be days like this momma said....

per-FECT!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i feel the exact same today. it doesnt help that yesterday my OH told me my clothes were looking looser and i felt so good. then today they felt tighter. hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, it's probably a water/sodium correlation.