Frustration

Options
Will someone please look at my food and excercise diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please and thank you. :sad: :mad:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    What are you having problems with? Your diary seems good but you are not eating enough.
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    You need to eat more to lose!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Looks like you arent eating anywhere near enough. Eating right and eating enough fuels you to lose weight.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    eat more, so your body isn't in starvation mode, and holding on to stored fat.:smile:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That seems so counter-intuitive. There is a mental block in place keeping me from putting more food in my mouth. I WANT it, but I am so tired of being fat...

What do I eat more of? I am so close in calories and sugars each day.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Eat more. Yes, EAT MORE! You're supposed to eat as close to your daily goal as possible to lose the 1-2 lbs a week you've set out to lose. Skeptical? Try it for a week or two and see what happens.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Work towards 6 meals a day....

Breakfast
    Mid-morning snack (fruit/yogurt/nuts)
    Lunch
    Mid-Afternoon snack (fruit/yogurt/nuts)
    Dinner
    Evening Snack

Eating every 2-3 hours kicks your metabolism into high gear and you'll see quick results...My friend tried my 6-meal/day diet and lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks...he dropped back to 3-meal/day and put back on 2lbs in 2 weeks...so now he's on six meals permanently.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ignore the sugar for now and work on upping the calories. Meat, fruit, cheese, milk, yogurt, whole grains, nuts...all good for you and have calories. Do a little Googling on 'starvation mode'.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    are you keeping track of your sodium? eating lots of sodium can make you retain water and prevent weight loss. otherwise, i think it looks fine. as long as you eat more than 1200 cals a day you should go into starvation mode...
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Will someone please look at my food and excercise diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please and thank you. :sad: :mad:

What are you doing wrong? Well, you're not using MFP correctly.... is the short answer....

You've said eating more seems counter-intuitive, but if you read the link (MFP basics) in my signature - then you will get an understanding of how MFP works.

Now you may still think that eating more, doesn't work some people say it doesn't.... but what also needs to be considered is:

1) How much do you have to lose?
    Then set your weekly weight loss goal as per the linked page

2) What is your actual activity level?
    Then set it correctly in MFP

3) Do you wear a HRM (with a chest strap)?
    If yes, then eat back your exercise calories. If no, then only eat back HALF of your exercise calories.

Did you notice how I put eating back your exercise calories last....?
    Why? Because if the 1st two points aren't correct - then eating back your CAN be counter-intuitive.

Try it for 2 weeks and see...
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options

What are you doing wrong? Well, you're not using MFP correctly.... is the short answer....

You've said eating more seems counter-intuitive, but if you read the link (MFP basics) in my signature - then you will get an understanding of how MFP works.

Now you may still think that eating more, doesn't work some people say it doesn't.... but what also needs to be considered is:

1) How much do you have to lose?
    Then set your weekly weight loss goal as per the linked page

2) What is your actual activity level?
    Then set it correctly in MFP

3) Do you wear a HRM (with a chest strap)?
    If yes, then eat back your exercise calories. If no, then only eat back HALF of your exercise calories.

Did you notice how I put eating back your exercise calories last....?
    Why? Because if the 1st two points aren't correct - then eating back your CAN be counter-intuitive.

Try it for 2 weeks and see...

Totally agree with Marianne. When you set your info up, MFP is already taking into consideration that you are looking to lose X lbs per week and has already adjusted your daily caloric goal down based on the amount of weight to be lost, current BMR, how active you are during the day, etc. That calorie goal is already at a deficit number, so when you work out and don't replenish that, it throws everything off ... your metabolism, what your body is using first as fuel, how is uses the fuel it has available, etc.

I know it seems odd that you need to eat to lose, but also take into consideration *what* you are eating as well. There is a huge difference in having a high protein, healthy piece of fish for a a couple hundred calories and plopping down with a tub of ice cream or a candy bar. Your body knows the difference :)
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everybody will tell you to eat more, personally from looking at your diet I would suggest cutting down on your carbs, less refined carbs in general. Take rice for example, brown is healthier than white, but get away from eating it everyday and certainly not multiple times.

Replace refined carbs with unrefined as much as possible, that goes for foods in general. Replace your carbs with more proteins, I like to stay below 40% carbs when I'm trying to cut weight.
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've been on MFP and, following the guidelines, it's working and I'm not starved all the time. I think eating back fome of your exercise is important. When you eat too little, your body becomes hyper-efficient in how it uses the few calories it has & you lose less weight. Also, for me protein in super important. I find if I eat some protein each time I eat, I'm less hungry. When I wake up I grab a quick 4 oz glass of milk before the getting-kids-ready-for-school insanity hits. When I start my day that way, it alway goes better. Sorry for rambling. The end of a busy day :) Good luck, and keep on keeping on! We're here for you!