10 Pounds Down, 50 to Go!

Options
Hello all. My name is Amanda, and I joined the site yesterday. After getting a feel for the whole trackers, profile, and tools bit, I thought I'd take a crack at the forums.

I lost 10 pounds over the past 2 and a half months; Not at all impressive, but at least I'm losing! I'm hoping to gain some momentum and support during my stay here at MFP. I find the site to be incredibly useful; A lot better than FatSecret, to be honest. I was using that site, and it was alright, but MFP offers so, so much more and I'm glad I found it.

I have 50 more pounds to lose before I hit a relatively healthy weight of 130lbs, and I hope that with some increase in physical activity, I can reach this goal no later than May of next year. I have the dieting thing down, it's the exercising that I need help with lol

Well, I'm going to go browse the forums. I just wanted to give a wee intro and a bit about my goals. I hope everyone has success with their own goals!

Replies

• sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is the 4th site like this I've used and I like it best. The phone app works great, too.
    Ten lbs, congratulations! I lost ten, too, and I swear when I do the stairs at work, it's easier now, just by losing ten!
    I've only been on here since the week before last, so I'm trying to make friends.
    I like to get ideas on what to eat from other peoples diaries. (sounds nosey, huh?)
    I diary the good, the bad and the ugly. Welcome!
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    Way to Go! Keep up the good work! I have 4 kids so I have to squeeze in the excercise when I can which makes it hard. Stay strong!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is the 4th site like this I've used and I like it best. The phone app works great, too.
    Ten lbs, congratulations! I lost ten, too, and I swear when I do the stairs at work, it's easier now, just by losing ten!
    I've only been on here since the week before last, so I'm trying to make friends.
    I like to get ideas on what to eat from other peoples diaries. (sounds nosey, huh?)
    I diary the good, the bad and the ugly. Welcome!
    I love mfp! It's great and you get tons of support here! Add me if you like :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is 10 pounds and you should be happy. It doesn't matter how long it takes you. The hardest part is once you've gotten it off you have to maintain it somehow. You're doing awesome. Welcome!
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    what are you talking about?!? "not at all impressive". 10 pounds in 2 months is AWESOME! it's taken me almost 5 years to lose 22 pounds. so i think you're superstar!
  • OliveJuice821
    Options
    lol Thanks everyone!

I was really trying to lose 2lbs a week, so in 2 months, I was hoping to lose at least 16lbs, but you're right, 10 pounds is 10 pounds XD

Making friends on here really helps, too. I'm on another site just for the group and I found a ton of support there.

Best of luck to everyone!