New Butt, new wardrobe??

Options
I was always blessed, or cursed, with a large (in proportion to my waist) butt. Since I started lifting again, my butt has also started lifting (A La Kim Kardashian champagne glass kinda look). Now, most of my pants no longer fit, they are way too tight where they sit!
Any suggestions on jean brands that would flatter rather than make me feel fatter?? I don't quite think I am ready for the super high waisted jeans either :neutral:

Replies

• JehTL
    JehTL Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Male perspective: the world was never ready for high waisted jeans or shorts, so steer clear! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like Paige jeans in the softer denim. They give a little stretch but are high quality so don't look like pajama jeans. I always felt the same about AG as well.
  • Milabella
    Milabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Stretch is your best friend. I'm not blessed w that problem but I just bought a pair of jeans today & the sales person directed me to the juniors section. They have a variety of styles & sizes. They fit nice if you have a smaller waist w curves/round thighs like me.
    @calmelewis52 lol! Well my friend has a bum like op describes & high waisted jeans don't look high waisted on her bc her booty takes up all the space.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I also like the stretchy denim . it helps a lot !
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I like mid rise Hudson jeans.
  • JehTL
    JehTL Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Milabella friends don't let friends wear high wasted. :)
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
    I like the opinions of the high waisted jeans too, helps me think I'm not crazy in thinking they look bad, or would on me at least.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I like mid rise Hudson jeans.

Hudson has some really flattering jeans. I really don't like the pockets but I see they are making some without the button/flap now.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My friends likea levi curves.
  • lnrussell195
    lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    American Eagle. Skinny jeans
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Male perspective: the world was never ready for high waisted jeans or shorts, so steer clear! :)

That's just rude. I wear high waisted all the time and look fabulous. Also, there was high waisted before there was low on the hip style waistbands on jeans. Before the 90's there was no such thing as low waistbands on pants.

Personally I'd much rather see a good fitting jean regardless of the waist length than people's butcracks in bad fitting jeans.
    OP, why not just go out and try a variety of different jean styles and see which works best for your body. Or you could also go for skirts ;)
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the skirts and dress thing in summer, our winters are almost a little too harsh at times.
    I like getting the different brand ideas because some brands I would never think of trying or going into the store (liie American Eagle, thanks @Inrussell195), but if they fit, that is all I'm looking for.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a big booty and small waist as well and have a really hard time finding jeans that fit my butt and don't leave a huge gap at the back of the waist. I've had the most success with Old Navy RockStar style jeans. They stretch, they're reasonably priced, and they have lots of washes and patterns. I haven't had much luck with any of the other jean styles from there, but live in RockStar denim.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Stretch denim is the only thing I've found that doesn't leave that ridiculous gap in the back. However I couldn't tell you a brand I consistently buy.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love high-waisted, but I have very long legs and waist. So on me they probably look like regular rise. Anything else leaves a huge gap in the back. If I bend over-it's obscene.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I like high waisted jeans. I look alright in them from the front and sometimes the side, but that back is terrifying.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Options
    3vjs2o659gil.jpeg
    My Guess brand, high-waisted skinny jeans. No back gap, comfy fit, and you can tuck in a top and look dressy.
  • arditarose
    Options
    moyen2 wrote: »
    3vjs2o659gil.jpeg
    My Guess brand, high-waisted skinny jeans. No back gap, comfy fit, and you can tuck in a top and look dressy.

Those are TOO too high. Like the American Apparel ones lol.

I did buy some high waisted jean shorts from Guess this summer and oh MY. Cannot leave the house in them. They cover more of my stomach than my *kitten*
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I believe the real question is, if you can fit on most amusement park rides xD
  • Iguessicandothis
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    moyen2 wrote: »
    3vjs2o659gil.jpeg

Those are TOO too high. Like the American Apparel ones lol.

I did buy some high waisted jean shorts from Guess this summer and oh MY. Cannot leave the house in them. They cover more of my stomach than my *kitten*

Lol-that's not good! I find them perfect, but every body is different:)