I'm new here.

Options
Hello:) I'm new to my fitness pal. I have logged in for 24 days now keeping track of my calories. Today I decided I needed to add some sort of exercise to my day. Up until about 10 years ago, I was fairly fit (without trying). Since then I have continuously gained weight each year. I am soon to be 49 with a 7 year old and felt it was time to get back into shape. I don't want my son to think of me as old and fat. So far I have lost about 2 lbs. I am very impatient so just 2 lbs is not making me feel successful. I know the weight came on gradually so I must lose it gradually, but nevertheless it is frustrating.

Replies

• BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon not a sprint! Well done on your 2lbs!! Stay motivated and you will running rings round your son :)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Log everything - try to be patient - if you're consistent - it will happen! Feel free to 'friend' me!
  • anthlilley
    anthlilley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done on making a start. People on here are really great and I've found great ideas while being on here.

Remember to celebrate every success, we dwell on the knocks and set backs but rarley stop and think about success. Once again well done so far, keep it up and good things will come.

Feel free to add me. Always log, apart from Christmas, always on look out for ideas and tips in peoples food logs. Good luck!