Depressed

Options
Today, I stepped on the scale... I've been afraid to. I've known that I had gained weight but not THAT MUCH. It's a real wake up call. Last week I stood in front of a mirror to try on clothes, and I couldn't even bare to keep my eyes open. I looked disgusting. Today I've reached my highest weight of my life and today I've finally decided to make some life changes... I'm going to need all the support I can get

Replies

• motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    New year. New start. Stay strong B)
  • andrebettinson
    andrebettinson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're obviously not alone. Add some active app using friends.

Track everything and don't lie to yourself above all and you will do great. It's a process and once you get moving and eating healthier foods and healthier portions you will apply your dedication and success to everything else in your life.

Do it.
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Today, I stepped on the scale... I've been afraid to. I've known that I had gained weight but not THAT MUCH. It's a real wake up call. Last week I stood in front of a mirror to try on clothes, and I couldn't even bare to keep my eyes open. I looked disgusting. Today I've reached my highest weight of my life and today I've finally decided to make some life changes... I'm going to need all the support I can get

First off never call yourself disgusting you need you get the negative thinking out of your head your s beautiful person that made some bad choices. We all do it. This is a new opportunity to begin over. 2016 is your year you got this
  • bmwny1
    bmwny1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way when I got started. The biggest I'd ever been and even those clothes were tight as crap! So I started logging my food everyday and now 36 days later I'm down 16.5 lbs. it was miserable at first I was accused of being hangry but it got better and I feel so much better. My fat still grosses me out but I use it for motivation to burn more of it off! Just get started it gets easier once you get used to it.
  • montrealsue
    montrealsue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One step at a time and stay strong. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been there.
    welcome
    read all the stickies
    get a food scale
    weigh all your food
    be kind to yourself.
  • tacticalcraptical
    tacticalcraptical Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't let your weight define you. If you want to change, make a plan and be patient. It will come but in the meantime, try to keep your positive traits in mind :)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey girl! I have about 20% BF and 38 lbs or so to LOSE. Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you'd like. I'm just getting started again so I could use the support as well! You got this!!!

EDIT: You're gorgeous, BTW :)
  • heatherdt2000
    heatherdt2000 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been there! It's hard but you can do it!
  • Haley0888
    Haley0888 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You all are so awesome. It's nice to know that there are people that I can relate to. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.
  • CarlosFoy
    CarlosFoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can only reiterate what has already been said. You spend 24 hours a day with yourself and if you are mean to yourself it is impossible to get away from it. If a child came to you and said that they were ugly or disgusting, would you feel that was ok? I hope not. And in the same way, we are as fragile as children. If you want to grow and change as a person, then create a healthy environment for yourself. Begin with kindness and tolerance. If you are uncomfortable with your weight, then that is what it is. It is not disgusting or revolting or something to run away from. It is discomfort and you are looking to feel better in yourself. You wish to feel stronger and fitter? Pulling yourself down leads to depression and often compensatory eating.

Love yourself, not because you are special, or perfect or achieve something or have reached some form of nebulous measure; but, Love yourself because you need to, because it is right to do so and because, if you do not, why would you help someone you do not love? Why would you go through the effort of improving things for someone you do not care for? It is self love that will carry you through the difficult times. If you love yourself, you will care enough to have good boundaries. You will be able to say no where once you said Yes because you felt that it does not matter. If you love yourself, Then it does matter and you will do what is best for you. You will look after you, care for you and treat you with the respect that demands that you eat well, sleep well, exercise, keep good company and allow yourself to be happy.... Peace be with you.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hey we've all been there, I just went through a similar thing this week, this isn't the body I was meant to have but its the one I've gained, we gotta pull together and get through this!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I think we all start out that way. You have taken the first step. You are here! Just start to weigh and log everything you eat. One step at a time. You got this!

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Once you start losing--and you will if you take the advice of people here who've managed to lose--you'll stop focusing on how unhappy you are with the weight you gained, and focus instead on how good it feels to be in charge of changing it. You still won't look like you want to look, not right away, but you'll see a person who's moving in the right direction, and that is a complete buzz.
  • Haley0888
    Haley0888 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Again thank you for the encouragement, everyone. That was a bad day for me to really realize that I am very overweight. It's something that I'm VERY self concious about. I'm going to lose this weight and I'm going to look back a year from now and be so proud of what I have accomplished
  • AprilLily981
    AprilLily981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are "fearfully and wonderfully made." I'm new to MFP, but when I was doing Weight Watchers the tip that helped me the most was to celebrate small victories. For example, today I ate at Sonic but I picked a grilled chicken sandwich over a burger. I'll send you a friend request. I really enjoy mutual encouragement and accountability.
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can help u r u working out going to gym?
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was in your exact situation. I was always overweight, from as far back as I can remember.I had a major wake up call one day and decided to make a change. I lost all the weight and have been so much happier. I'm back now because I gained about 15 pounds over a 2 year period and want to finally get back down to my happy weight. I just want to say that you can do it, that it will be hard, the negative thoughts might not go away 100%. I know I still have hard thoughts about myself. It's okay to falter, it's okay to lose your way. As long as you find your way back and dust yourself off and push forward. If you need any support, advice, anything I would love to help you on your journey.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Most of the people here including myself were in your situation at one point, many are right now with you. YOU can do this because YOU are stronger than your bad habits. Anyone is free to add me as we all need support!