Insanity workouts

Options
Does anyone want to start insanity with me today? After the holidays I really need to buckle down and workout. I've been working out, but sporadically and not as hard as I would be if I did the videos. Any takers on starting with me today?

Replies

• missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

It is a shame that people could not support you. I've done insanity and you do need the support to keep going as it is ... insane. There a few other threads asking for support for insanity for 2016. Just have a look around ..it might not be in this category. I wish you good luck for the new year .
  • lytl7921
    lytl7921 Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    missm2 wrote: »

It is a shame that people could not support you. I've done insanity and you do need the support to keep going as it is ... insane. There a few other threads asking for support for insanity for 2016. Just have a look around ..it might not be in this category. I wish you good luck for the new year .

Thank you so much for the support dear, I really appreciate it. I really want to finish the whole program and it does help having support. One person did message me and we are supporting each other and keeping each other accountable.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    OK. I may be coming across as a bit insensitive, BUT, unless your "friends" are meeting you at the gym, the track or your (or their) house and joining you in your workout/exercise, this "motivation" you seek is just words, of varying degrees of sincerity. "You go , girl", "You can do this" is really of no help UNLESS YOU really want to go and do this.

You rely upon the generosity of strangers at your peril. The ONLY source of inspiration/motivation is within you. These Boards are replete with "My spouse is unsupportive", "My coworkers don't understand" "People say I'm too skinny and don't need to 'diet'" comments and what to do about them. My answer is to do nothing. Their barbs, insults and criticisms are just words which (I understand from a child's rhyme) can't hurt you. Their praise and "encouragement" are as empty.

"Friends" that you have here are strangers who you will never meet, people with whom you will never workout, people you would not recognize if you past them on the street. (Is that their real picture they publish or someone, something else.) Friends are someone you meet regularly to exercise, workout, and share experiences. The input of Friends may be worthwhile (but, then again, there are all those unsupportive person complaints cited above), but you're not getting that here. Here you're getting words from people you really don't know.

True inspiration/motivation comes solely from within. You will get the body you want. It just depends on how badly YOU want it. Nothing I say, your "friends" say, your spouse says should make any difference.

Not to say that these Boards are useless. No, They are quite helpful in sharing information, sharing experiences (you mean that 9 pounds the scale says I put on after Christmas Eve is just water? phew) Locating workout sites and programs, etc.. Success stories ARE nice to show that it can be done but they can't cause you to duplicate them.

Of course, if the empty random "You go, Girl" is enough to get you going, What the Hay, take it and run with it. However, until YOU decide that this is what YOU want to and this is what YOU really want to have, you'll fail. It's YOUR life, it's YOUR body, it's YOUR decision and YOUR lifestyle, DON'T DEPEND ON OTHERS. Do or don't do, it's up to you.

Have a Happy New Year.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't depend on anyone but I'm willing to work with others who what to work with me.
    You don't want to do this so thanks for advice and happy new year to you pondee629.

Anyway day 3 was a killer and I didn't nail it but I had a great time trying. When the rest of you are ready to start I'll create a group so we can continue to support each other
  • hannonmak
    hannonmak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing insanity but I've done it in the past, right now I'm on week 6 of BBG and I'd be happy to be a motivation buddy!
  • lytl7921
    lytl7921 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Missm2 you know I'll join! Even though we are not doing the same workout we all have the same goal. Thanks mkreke, it's nice to have people to talk to and check in with. Day 3 for me as well, it's pretty tough, the push ups are what get me, wow!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    OK. I may be coming across as a bit insensitive, BUT, unless your "friends" are meeting you at the gym, the track or your (or their) house and joining you in your workout/exercise, this "motivation" you seek is just words, of varying degrees of sincerity. "You go , girl", "You can do this" is really of no help UNLESS YOU really want to go and do this.

You rely upon the generosity of strangers at your peril. The ONLY source of inspiration/motivation is within you. These Boards are replete with "My spouse is unsupportive", "My coworkers don't understand" "People say I'm too skinny and don't need to 'diet'" comments and what to do about them. My answer is to do nothing. Their barbs, insults and criticisms are just words which (I understand from a child's rhyme) can't hurt you. Their praise and "encouragement" are as empty.

"Friends" that you have here are strangers who you will never meet, people with whom you will never workout, people you would not recognize if you past them on the street. (Is that their real picture they publish or someone, something else.) Friends are someone you meet regularly to exercise, workout, and share experiences. The input of Friends may be worthwhile (but, then again, there are all those unsupportive person complaints cited above), but you're not getting that here. Here you're getting words from people you really don't know.

True inspiration/motivation comes solely from within. You will get the body you want. It just depends on how badly YOU want it. Nothing I say, your "friends" say, your spouse says should make any difference.

Not to say that these Boards are useless. No, They are quite helpful in sharing information, sharing experiences (you mean that 9 pounds the scale says I put on after Christmas Eve is just water? phew) Locating workout sites and programs, etc.. Success stories ARE nice to show that it can be done but they can't cause you to duplicate them.

Of course, if the empty random "You go, Girl" is enough to get you going, What the Hay, take it and run with it. However, until YOU decide that this is what YOU want to and this is what YOU really want to have, you'll fail. It's YOUR life, it's YOUR body, it's YOUR decision and YOUR lifestyle, DON'T DEPEND ON OTHERS. Do or don't do, it's up to you.

Have a Happy New Year.

Having participated in various online challenge groups myself, it is not just meaningless "you go girl" responses from strangers. Many people choose to workout at home because it is the best option for them. They may not have a track nearby, or a gym membership, or the space at home to have an in-person workout companion. They also might not have a schedule that meshes with another person to workout together. That doesn't make them less deserving of a support system as they pursue their goals. Do people who utilize personal trainers not have personal motivation because they pay someone to design their training programs and depend on that person to make sure they do it?

As far as groups, people do cheer one another on. They also share challenges they experience while doing the program, and share ideas. Checking in each day is a form of motivation - much like those with in-person workout buddies don't bail on workouts to inconvenience or disappoint their friends, people in online workout groups feel an obligation not to let people down either. Even if you are face-to-face, the motivation comes from within. I don't need to know the name of the person in a group workout class to want to push myself harder in the class when I see them giving it their all, and I don't need to have a conversation with the person in the weight room to be inspired when I see them hit a new PR. Nor do I need to be besties with the person in the online group who just managed to get through the entire workout without a break or who did it without modifications to find inspiration from them not to quit or to push myself harder. If people didn't really want to do this, they probably wouldn't be on a fitness site looking for people to connect with and join them in the process.

For those of your doing Insanity, good luck. I won't be joining you, because Shaun T workouts kill my knees and calves, but I would suggest finding something amusing in his videos to distract you from whatever bouncy exercise he has you doing. I only did T25, but for me, it was expressing annoyance at Blonde Pike Up Girl Who Is Just Way Too Excited to Be Doing This and wondering why no one told hubby Scott about the wonders of compression pants.
  • MeganMcBane
    MeganMcBane Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lytl7921 wrote: »
    Wow it's so nice to have all this negativity from everyone , thanks

Wow, I have never felt so excited, but so disappointed by one post! I saw the title of this post and got so excited to see someone else is tacking Insanity! Because it is HARD and it is nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing! Insanity is an AT HOME program so having people work out with you is not an option (usually). I live an hour away from the gym and don't have the option of having a "workout buddy" so I like to come here to get that missing support I need.

I am SO sorry you have RUDE people on here bashing you for posting this. All I can say is I hope they are at their fitness goals treating others that way. That's one thing I don't like about MFP. People are here for support and accountability, but then you have rude CREEPS posting negative things and they do nothing about it!?

ANYWAY...sorry... rant over.

I am on week one of Insanity. (Technically week 5) but decided to start month one over again. So...I'm your girl! :-) I've done insanity once before, finishing completely, and had AMAZING results. I will private message you!
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm so shocked how rude some people have been! Well done guys. Way to go motivating her! I thought this was a support and motivation forum!

Yes you need to do it for yourself but sometimes you need that bit of encouragement along the way! On the days where your thinking 'I'll miss it today and start again tommorow' its helpful to have someone there saying 'no get your gear on let's do this!'.

Ive done insanity and then used it alongside running and weight lifting to keep my weight and fitness in check. If you want to add me feel free.

Please don't let the rude, ignorant people put you off. You can do this thing!

Shaun.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've never done Insanity, but when I was doing P90X back when I first started it was nice to have an accountability buddy or just someone to commiserate with. Hopefully someone else sees this and decides to join with you!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Somebody had s T25 Facebook page on here when I was doing it. It helped a lot to have people talking about their workout. I think it's a great feature of this site and have done 5 weight loss challenges. I'm great at self-motivation, but it's fun to have company too!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I did insanity last winter and it was nice having a whole group of people on here doing it everyday together. I'm moving to Insanity Asylum, but I'll be sure to send you 'congratulations' on the way, because it does help.