Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition

Options
zudleymarie
zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
Anyone a fan? I'm LOVING it. And I hate reality TV normally...I guess I can relate.......;)

Replies

• BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am in love. It is so motivational. If they can change their life than so can I!

I just wish I could clone trainer Chris so he could be my personal trainer! He's so attractive and has the kindest heart!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I like this show too!! but wish you could see more of their workout routine or what kind of foods they are eating.

Yes Chris is hot, would love to have him as my trainer.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I agree, Chris is hot and a sweet guy. He buys all their groceries for a year, that would be wonderful.
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When does it come on? I can't believe I'm missing it!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    loving the show right now!

its on monday nights at 9 or 10?
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I saw one show so far, it's very inspirational but I just don't understand how they lose so much weight so fast. Can someone explain that to me? How do they set a goal of 60 pounds for like a month? How is that possible without being harmful?
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    I am in love. It is so motivational. If they can change their life than so can I!

I just wish I could clone trainer Chris so he could be my personal trainer! He's so attractive and has the kindest heart!

Chris is oober sexy. I love this show. I do however think it's incredibly unhealthy to lose 150+ pounds in a year though. Yikes. I kind of don't like these shows (biggest loser too) because they're all losing weight so fast its almost disgusting.
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I missed the first couple of episodes of this show! :( I DVRed it last night but havent had a chance to watch it just yet. I have seen the previews for it and it looks like an awesome show. I loved biggest loser so Im sure that I will love this one also.
  • chinkybrown
    Options
    Yes I'm a fan of the show! I watch it while I'm on the treadmill...it motivates me! Matter of fact I'm about to watch last night's episode in a few minutes. I think it's waaaayyyy better than Biggest Loser because they are losing the weight over a year, which is realistic. Compared to losing a ton in 5 months, and majority of them gain it back!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! I too wish we could see more of what they eat and the exercise they do after day one!!! I thought it was great when on the show a homeless man was hollering ffffaaaatttt ccccoooowww...and Chris had enough and went after him for Dana on last night show!!! I almost cried when Dana said that was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for him!!!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Yes I'm a fan of the show! I watch it while I'm on the treadmill...it motivates me! Matter of fact I'm about to watch last night's episode in a few minutes. I think it's waaaayyyy better than Biggest Loser because they are losing the weight over a year, which is realistic. Compared to losing a ton in 5 months, and majority of them gain it back!

I watch it from the treadmill too! I love this, it is very motivational. It's nice to see people struggle with the same issues but overcome them as well. I wish they would show more of the "how-to's" as well. It would be nice to get some tips with the motivation!!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi is it on in the uk ? love all shows like this but not even seen this one advertised thanx
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I need to see this! I have the most recent episode on the DVR....as of course I had to watch the Bruins last night...that took priority. :)

But I've heard great things about it so excited to see it!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE this show! They lose their weight in a year. On Biggest loser they work put 8 hours a day at athlete level, and restrict their calories which is why they lose so fast! One guy even ate only protein bars, (one of the first seasons, not sure of which) and I believe he was the winner, which I thought sucked, but it is a game after all... ANYway... On E.M.W.L.E., after nine months if they've lost their weight, they get skin removal surgery! Guy last night didn't make this goal, but he still looked awesome! I too cheered when Chris put the grocery cart guy in his place!!!
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I have watched for 3 weeks now its kinda realistic, that Chris lives with these people for 3 months to train them. What about the rest of the year? Does he just go from place to place? I like how they redo everyone's living room and make it into a gym, but the people seem to hit only 1 of the 3 goals Chris sets for them.

The 2nd goal is hard after he leaves, they almost all don't make that one, cuz they slide into old habits of fast food and don't have him around to push them, like the Black guy last night. Its an hour show, I think I like to see it expanded to two hours so other people involved maybe in the same area who have weight issues there is strength in numbers.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I really like this show. In fact today I was wondering if they are on any type of appetite suppresants? I think it is much more realistic that Biggest Loser. I wonder when he started filming these people and how many episodes/shows are there? I always want to know the logistics. He has a much better rapport with the person than the BL trainers do.