2016 loss reward idea

Options
I am a very reward-oriented type of person. I keep seeing all of these weekly money saving ideas for 2016 and figured out a way to apply it to my weight loss journey.

I've decided that for 2016 I'm going to "pay" myself $10 for each lb I'm down on my weekly weigh day (Fridays for me). Partial lbs count! So if I lose 1.5 lbs then $15 goes into my savings account that week.

Who would like to join me? You can pick whatever $ per lb works best for you. I think it'll be fun to see the numbers both shrink and grow!! :)

Replies

• txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I would like to do that too and use it to go to Disney World or buy a new wardrobe, whatever comes first. Lol
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oh awesome idea!
    I have a Mauritius trip coming up , and that can go towards a new swimsuit .
    I'm in South Africa , and our currency sucks, so I'm going with $2/lb...
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I'm in with a little twist, $5 lb on weigh in days and $10 per week for hitting my other goals (ie 3-5 workouts, under calories of the week, 8-10 glasses of water a day).
  • jodielarms
    jodielarms Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best ideas I have ever heard! I would love to do this. However, money is already tight for me so I will have to.reward myself with $2 per pound. Maybe at the end I will have enough for a treat for myself (like a day with no kids and a massage ;) )
  • ericang08
    ericang08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!! I'd like to do it too!!!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'll probably spend all my savings on new clothes!
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Im in too. $5 per pound it is!!!! What an awesome idea. Thanks
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    lissdawn wrote: »
    I am a very reward-oriented type of person. I keep seeing all of these weekly money saving ideas for 2016 and figured out a way to apply it to my weight loss journey.

I've decided that for 2016 I'm going to "pay" myself $10 for each lb I'm down on my weekly weigh day (Fridays for me). Partial lbs count! So if I lose 1.5 lbs then $15 goes into my savings account that week.

Who would like to join me? You can pick whatever $ per lb works best for you. I think it'll be fun to see the numbers both shrink and grow!! :)

It's a great idea, but I'm gonna change it for my rewards. I don't have much to lose anymore, so my rewards are going to go for completing fitness programs. Everytime I complete a month of Body Beast, Insanity Asylum, and 30 day yoga, im allowed to get work done on my tattoo sleeve.