dawling11
dawling11 Posts: 20 Member
edited December 2015 in Getting Started

I guess I don't know what I'm doing. :|

Replies

• mirandadeakin
    mirandadeakin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ? We all start somewhere. Don't be sorry.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but very few of us knew what we were doing when we started. Do you have questions that we can help with?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry. Just start over again ! This site is tricky sometimes. Have a mod delete this thread and begin a new one to say whatever you want to discuss . nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. Here's a small list of mods If you would like help deleting this thread and making a new one. We are all here to help and have made these mistakes too when we where new . if you'd like to reach a mod, try pinging one of these - @ninerbuff
    @psulemon
    @usmcmp
    @Alex
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Don't be sorry. Just start over again ! This site is tricky sometimes. Have a mod delete this thread and begin a new one to say whatever you want to discuss . nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. Here's a small list of mods If you would like help deleting this thread and making a new one. We are all here to help and have made these mistakes too when we where new . if you'd like to reach a mod, try pinging one of these - @ninerbuff
    @psulemon
    @usmcmp
    @Alex

How nice. Sweetheart # 1
  • dawling11
    Options
    Ha Ha well, I was trying to reply to one of the posts and accidentally made a new one and then couldn't figure out how to delete it. I think I'm stating to get it. I even found out how to add friends. :). I just started today with MFP, I actually joined a while back but never really used it and I have never used the community section before. Would love help to stay motivated and encouraged. I want to lose 100+ and today is day one!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    You'll find most of us is a friendly and supportive bunch of people :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    dawling11 wrote: »
    Ha Ha well, I was trying to reply to one of the posts and accidentally made a new one and then couldn't figure out how to delete it. I think I'm stating to get it. I even found out how to add friends. :). I just started today with MFP, I actually joined a while back but never really used it and I have never used the community section before. Would love help to stay motivated and encouraged. I want to lose 100+ and today is day one!!!

That happens all the time. :) If you want to delete a post, just click on Flag < Report < This is my post and I want to delete it. Pinging a mod doesn't do a lot of good unless that mod happens to be online, whereas a report goes into the queue where the active mods will see it.

Glad you're here!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you want, I can delete the thread so you can start over. Please let me know what we can do.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and best of luck!
  • dawling11
    Options
    Thanks for all your help, I am feeling a little more at ease with this now.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the hardest part, but you're here, so that's a step! One of my suggestions when people are first starting is to read the sticky threads at the top of the getting started and general weight loss boards titled Most Helpful Posts. They have a collection of great information available to you. Start with the ones on logging accurately. Logging is one of the areas that trips people up when they start, so nail that down from the start.

I'm glad you've figured out how to add friends. When I get frustrated or start wandering off plan, they help keep me around until I am ready to refocus. Nice little support group to chat with or at least check in with or reach out to when needed.

An invaluable tool, for me, has been my food scale. It has really helped open my eyes to proper portions and getting better control over my eating. Personally, I have chosen to cut nothing out, just smaller portions of it, and have explored to see what helps me feel full, satisfied, and fuels my workouts.

Be patient with yourself, forgive bad days, remain persistent and consistent. You can do it!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Don't be sorry. Just start over again ! This site is tricky sometimes. Have a mod delete this thread and begin a new one to say whatever you want to discuss . nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. Here's a small list of mods If you would like help deleting this thread and making a new one. We are all here to help and have made these mistakes too when we where new . if you'd like to reach a mod, try pinging one of these

I would actually discourage people from pinging us. We will take care of threads as they come across our reports. Pinging us is circumventing the established procedure.