Need a support - I can't do it on my own!

Options
I have recently gained lots and lots of weight. All down to comfort eating. I am on my own with two little ones and what I hate about being this way most are the pains and aches you get when you carry extra weight. My knees, my joints.... I am looking for buddy or buddies who could help me on this journey and we could achieve our goals together! Xo

Replies

• justxjessiii
    justxjessiii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join the journey with you! I'm trying to lose a lot of weight I gained my freshman year of college, but haven't found the motivation to do it... while I don't have any children, I'm still in college and working 3rd shift so this could be just that - a challenge...
  • janahussain
    janahussain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That would be great! ;) no children necessary xo are you going to follow certain diet or just track calories on the app?
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am carrying way too much extra weight and that was one of the signs that let me know I needed to change... the aches trying to walk up stairs, the pain from sleeping because nothing is comfortable.

As far as diet goes, I am trying to find what I like. I actually ONLY eat because "it is there" and rarely am actually hungry, so I am trying to just limit how much I eat which has been working so far. Just track EVERYTHING (easier said than done)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome ! I've been there before so I know exactly how you feel .
    The good news is, your here ! So just get yourself a food scale and learn how to weigh your portions and log them accurately. Remember that weight loss comes down to calories. So no special diet is needed, all you have to do is eat less then you burn .
    I lost all my weight and have been maintaining for 2+ yrs just by counting calories and using portion control and moderation . best of luck to you !
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm new, and totally feel ya. I don't know how to add people yet, so if you want to add me, I'm down! :smiley:
  • katialozano72
    katialozano72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat, hello y'all... looking for meal plans to help me to loose weight as well...
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ....wishing you the best :)
  • buildingmylegacy
    Options
    Good luck! I am in the same boat...I have a fair bit to lose and have been trying on an off for years but I never got my mind right. I am READY mentally now...the physical stuff will be easy! Feel free to add me.
  • mtaunon
    mtaunon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats for getting this far which is further than most! Many of the posts are right -- it all comes down to portions and moderation and eating the right things. Honestly, a good thing might be to go see a nutritionist. They can measure your resting burn rate (how many cals you burn resting) and calculate how many calories you should be eating a day taking into consideration how much activity you do, etc. They can also help with a fitness plan. Diet and exercise go hand in hand. It's not easy -- weighing everything, counting everything, tracking everything...even that sample you snagged in the grocery store! It all adds up. If you can't be honest with yourself and track, then don't bother starting. It's a hard journey -- with both highs and lows -- but keep it up and you'll probably surprise yourself. Best of luck to you!
  • ashishtk22
    ashishtk22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • amazon62goddess
    amazon62goddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! There's tons of people out there that are legitimately ready to support you along the way, including me! :-) Feel free to add me if you like!

Best of luck to you!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome ! I've been there before so I know exactly how you feel .
    The good news is, your here ! So just get yourself a food scale and learn how to weigh your portions and log them accurately. Remember that weight loss comes down to calories. So no special diet is needed, all you have to do is eat less then you burn .
    I lost all my weight and have been maintaining for 2+ yrs just by counting calories and using portion control and moderation . best of luck to you !

Best.Advice.Ever.

I've lost and kept off over 110 pounds since October 2011. Good luck on your journey! It's always easier with friends!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Add me! I lost 70 pounds but recently gained 40 pounds in the last year from a crazy work/school schedule and stress eating. Back on MFP to lose it and then some. Lets be accountable, cause it's always easier with friends :)
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am in with you. I lack motivation at times and it's nice to know we are not alone. One day at a time. I would like to loose 20 lbs, but more so than even losing weight, I am looking forward to feeling better.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. A previous ankle injury, combined with an extra 50 pounds, is killing my feet. I am tired of aching and hobbling around all the time!
  • MAKlexijoy
    MAKlexijoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. I need a buddy too
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I lost 35 pounds last year, and have spent the past few months maintaining that loss. Now I'm back trying to lose 50 more pounds to get to my goal.
  • Glassride
    Glassride Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on my own with one little guy also and am looking to lose about 30 lbs. Would love the encouragement and support from some new friends on here!
  • cupcakesan512
    cupcakesan512 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm in the same position.