Yet another sedentary or lightly active question

Options
So I work at a local grocery store bagging groceries. I work between 3 and 5 days a week between 4 and 6 hour shifts mostly. On those shifts I usually push shopping carts between 4-6 at a time for at least an hour. On days that I work 8pm-midnight like the last 4 days I do half hour on my recumbent bike at level 6 out of 8. I also do the same on my days off. The calorie difference is about 300 1670 vs 1960. I'm 5ft 10 210 and have it set to lose 1.5 pounds a week and on average i've at least been meeting that on the lightly average setting. But, lately i've been slacking off due to shoulder injury and the fact that there aren't alot of customers that late at night. Should I drop down to sedentary? I don't want to push it too much but i'm anxious to get down to below 200 because that's a big number in my head. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lightly active is still probably appropriate, since you are up and moving around and not chained to a desk all day. You could also track as sedentary, but log your exercise (mostly walking, it sounds like) on top of that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If you are choosing MFP's activity level, it does not include your recumbent bike. I would still go with lightly active. Sedentary is not doing anything. You are on your feet for a bit during the week.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd get a fitbit. It'll take all the guess work out of it for you. You can get the zip for around $50
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at 1960 calories and how much weight have you lost per week? I would suggest leaving the setting as lightly active, monitor your weight for 3-4 weeks and adjust up or down based on your experience.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    How long have you been at 1960 calories and how much weight have you lost per week? I would suggest leaving the setting as lightly active, monitor your weight for 3-4 weeks and adjust up or down based on your experience.

I'm honestly not sure probably a month or so. If I look back at my logs I weighed 217.8 on November 30th and weighed 210 on monday. So about 8 pounds in 4 weeks. But, I never quite eat the entire calorie allotment leaving wiggle room.
  • srecupid
    Options
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »

I'm honestly not sure probably a month or so. If I look back at my logs I weighed 217.8 on November 30th and weighed 210 on monday. So about 8 pounds in 4 weeks. But, I never quite eat the entire calorie allotment leaving wiggle room.

Based on what you have lost, 2 lbs/week, continue what you are doing and keep monitoring.
  • srecupid
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »

Based on what you have lost, 2 lbs/week, continue what you are doing and keep monitoring.

Well I only lost 1 over the week of christmas but, i did eat buca di beppo and a crap ton of cheesecake. So yeah. But, I'll keep doing what i'm doing. Just kinda anxious to get sub 200 even though i didn't expect to be there this soon.