First time user!!

Options
ejhankle
ejhankle Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Starting officially Saturday January 2, 2016

Hoping to find a lil support here for the journey!

It's On!

Replies

• ejhankle
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hello From Maryland!! :)

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome !!!
  • ejhankle
    Options
    Hello an thank you!!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Do you have a food scale already ? If not, I would suggest picking one up.
    Learn how to weigh all your solids and measure all your liquid. ( its harder then it sounds at first !) This way you can be as accurate as possible.
    For weight loss, all that you need is a calorie deficit ( weighing all your foods will help you determine if your really eating at a deficit or not . eyeballing portions isn't accurate ) there is no special diet needed. All you must do is eat less then you burn to lose weight . ( for overall good health though I would suggest eating a well balanced diet ) a lot of people come here for the first time and think they need a special diet plan like low carb or paleo and that's not true at all. I've lost all my weight and have kept it off for 2+ yrs so far just by using calorie counting- portion control and moderation. Best of luck to you !
  • ejhankle
    Options
    Thanks for the advice....I do need a scale! I will purchase one tomorrow. Im 47 so a healthy balanced diet is what Im aiming for.

Congrats on your success!!! Impressive
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I got mine from walmart for like $12. Its just a standard digital scale, nothing fancy. I'd pick up a pack of batteries also. Mine went through batteries fast at first while I was still learning how to use it. It seems like its an easy thing to do but for me it took lots of practice. There's a thread somewhere on here that explains exactly how to use it.. I'll ping you in it so check your notification later on and click on the notification. It will bring you to the thread.
    Other then that, you'll be good to go ! A well balanced diet is also what I aim for. Learning the tools like portion control and moderation will set you up for long term success!
    ejhankle wrote: »
    Hello From Maryland

• ejhankle
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I appreciate your help! : )
  • PatriciaIrvin
    PatriciaIrvin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Patricia I just joined today I am new to this so glad I found this site I need to lose 30 lbs I am ready
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..... Wishing you much success ...Feel free to add me .....Also make sure your food scale has a tare button so that you can put your plate on it add your 1st food item tare it out and add more to it while hitting the tare button before adding more food
  • ejhankle
    Options
    ms_smartypants thank you for the advice on the scale. Will take a bit to get used to.
  • ejhankle
    Options
    Patricia, congrats on your new journey!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Check your notification!
  • ejhankle
    Options
    I checked i didn't see anything?