Having trouble eating enough calories.

Options
Hello. I have been lifting weights since Jan and have made noticeable gains since then. I have been in a caloric deficit since I have started, which has led to my 63 lb weight loss this year. I started walking 10K steps a day 2 days ago and plan to continue this plan along with weight lifting which means more calories burned overall. I have been plateauing recently in the weights department and I find it hard to eat enough calories. I currently eat around 1800-2000 calories a day (as I should because I'm an adult male) but I burn at least 350 a day due to walking and double that on days I hit the gym. Any ways I can sneak in some more calories eating clean? I eat 5-6 small meals a day, I plan to loose around 10 more lbs, and my ideal macro ratio would look to be around 40%protein, 30%carbs, and 30%fat if that helps. I am also

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A few tablespoons of nut butter, add oil to your foods, smoked salmon, cheese, nuts, seeds.

Why does it have to be clean though? A few treats won't make you gain fat unless you don't lift or train.

I like ice-cream, great calcium for my bones and tastes amazing!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Why does it have to be clean though?

Because that's how he chooses to eat???

I have cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fruit, protein powder or pb & jelly mixed in.

Make overnight oatmeal. Basic recipe is Greek yogurt, oats, milk, protein powder... But theres tons of variations. Just Google it.

Cook up chicken strips with lemon juice or soy sauce and put the, in the fridge for snacks.

Beef jerky

Hard boiled eggs

Scrambled egg with chicken and spinach

2 hard boiled eggs mixed with tomato and avocado topped with crumbled wasa crispbread salt and pepper

Make protein pudding.. You'll have to Google the recipe

Make protein balls.. Protein powder, PB, oats, honey..optional chocolate chipschips and/or vanilla

Protein shakes...lots of variations out there..

Cook with oil

Add cheese to your meals.

Hope this helps
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Adds up quick.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I also sneak in spoons of peanut butter to up my calories when I'm not getting enough. If I eat 5 spoons throughout the day, then I add on about 500 extra calories ! Its quick and easy !
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Cut the carbs to 10percent, protein to 25 percent, and increase healthy fats to 65 percent. You be good!