Does anyone still miss the full feeling

Options
When I ask this I mean not being satisfied but feeling full.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    No. I always felt sick when I was full. I'm content with being satisfied.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No, because I can still get full. I just can't do it by eating a whole pizza by myself anymore. I do it through salads or other low-calorie foods.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I ate at the time on whether or not it was a good or bad "full" feeling. Some things just feel better in the stomach than others
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nowadays, being "full" makes me feel like barfing and passing out.

Come to think of it, it's always made me feel that way. I just didn't realize it wasn't normal.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I feel full all the time, it just takes less calories to make me feel full
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I feel full all the time, it just takes less calories to make me feel full

This.

I get full a lot easier now.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a steak, potato, and a salad. That was over 2 hours ago and I still feel full.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    When I ask this I mean not being satisfied but feeling full.

Maybe try having one larger meal and make the others smaller.

You can spread your calories out differently throughout the day.

Or, also, you could do more exercise so you get to eat more.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I did, and so i changed the way i ate.

I now eat a small amount of calories thorughout the day and a huge dinner.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I stopped having the feeling full after a while.
    All you can eats in particular- the only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat when the rest of my family, including two males with fairly active jobs, were stuffed.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Actually I love the feeling of being empty in the morning and I eat small meals throughout the day to avoid feeling full. So I love that part. Seems like a lot of folks do the intermittent fasting who like that full feeling. Sounds like hell to me, though.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I also like the feeling of full.....but not stuffed. I'm finally good about stopping at full. But that doesn't mean you can't have a big meal occasionally. As long as your normal routine is on target an occasional meal where you go over is not gonna kill you.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. I actually find that feeling unpleasant now.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you mean feeling satisfied after a meal, then yes I still experience that now, but like another user mentioned, with a smaller amount of calories now.

If you mean full like what people experience at all you can eat buffets or after a thanksgiving meal, then no I don't miss that feeling.
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My brain thinks it misses feeling full, but when I am actually 'full' I feel sick and bloated.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    No, I actually hate it. Even though I could afford to eat something heavier now, I still order salads when I go out to restaurants, because otherwise I feel disgustingly bloated for hours afterwards. I never really understood how uncomfortable and debilitating it is until I stopped chasing it.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I get full a lot faster now (can't even finish restaurant portions!), and I haven't felt the old kind of "full" in ages. Maybe once or twice during my whole MFP journey so far.

I'm now happy with so much smaller portions, they don't even make me angry anymore.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I stopped having the feeling full after a while.
    All you can eats in particular- the only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat when the rest of my family, including two males with fairly active jobs, were stuffed.

I read this as:

"The only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat the rest of my family, including two males..."

LOL!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Once I switched from eating small mini-meals and snacks all day to 2 - 3 filling, balanced meals with no snacking my belly is always satisfied!

I'm never stuffed or overly full, but happy and very content and it made losing weight a lot easier for me since I wasn't constantly thinking about what I was going to eat next.