i need motivation

Options
6ft 300lbs..i want to lose 40lbs in 5 months...is it posfible??

Replies

• purplesccy
    purplesccy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! I have lost 42 pounds in 4 months. It takes a lot of motivation and support but it can be done!
  • nitrobentley
    nitrobentley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there..Dont mean to ask but was it dieting alone or exercise too?
    i put on 30lbs in like 4-5 months because i wasnt active..i work all day come home then eat then sleep..and thats not good..i belong to a gym but im never motivated to go and that needs to change..
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    With your starting weight you should be able to kill in my friend :-)
    If you can't make the Gym you can do other things to burn calories. Like walking at lunchtime and just trying to be more active while at work. You could also do a bit before going to work and afterwards :-) Exercise is vital for me because it gives me a focus as well as burning calories though and getting into the Gym is a good step. MFP is good because of the social side of it. One of my big problems was that I was the only person I know who was trying to get into shape. MFP allows you to build a friendship base of like minded people who are working towards similar goals.I think that was very important in my early days here. You really can do it, plenty of people here have. A good starting point is this thread ... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1 I know I tried repeatedly to get into shape but I didn't know how to do it, this thread taught me :-) Good luck
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 300+er, yes you can. Once you start making changes, you will probably see pretty quick results to start. When I initially lost weight, it was only by changing my eating habit for a month, then I started exercising. It doesn't have to be drastic like lifting weights or running... just something. Walk, do a workout DVD every other day, just something to get moving more. Eventually, you'll find yourself weighing less and enjoying working out even more.

If time is the problem, do HIIT. Tabata is a great way to do it in about 20 minutes and get a good burn. Good luck!
  • nitrobentley
    Options
    Thanks guys..means a lot..Ive just started walking 2-3 miles a day..at my pace
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible if you stick with it. The majority of your loss will come from food. Exercise has its place as well, but you can't out work a bad diet.
  • nitrobentley
    Options
    Thanks again..I just came from the gym and i'm feeling great..4days of dieting and im feeling more energetic..great feeling
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Work at your pace and ability. You will progress as you are able and prob faster than you expect. You can do this. It's not easy but def possible.
    SW 301
    CW 176
    GW 150
    18 months
  • KatyFlatlander
    KatyFlatlander Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES you can do this! I have done it before (lost 72 in 9 months) and ahem, am starting over today. 5'11" 298.2. See you along the journey!
  • michaelmelo
    michaelmelo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there..Dont mean to ask but was it dieting alone or exercise too?
    i put on 30lbs in like 4-5 months because i wasnt active..i work all day come home then eat then sleep..and thats not good..i belong to a gym but im never motivated to go and that needs to change..

Go to the gym first thing in the morning, that way there is no excuse not to go.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from your insides. Why do you want to loose weight? I wrote my reasons down on a piece of paper in black marker pen and taped it onto my fridge, beside it I have my weight loss progress. Just to remind myself every time I want to cheat.

Loosing weight is hard, emotional and a struggle, but buying clothes in smaller sizes is equally emotional and such a joy. To walk further and faster, to take a class in the gym you never before dared to do, to receive compliments, simply priceless.

You can do this!