Soo calories don't count on New Year's Eve right?

Options
Anyone else anticipating getting off track during the holidays? How can you be on diet but also drink socially? It seems impossible! Haha!

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Well, considering it's not only NYE, but also my birthday, they double don't count.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    cperret31 wrote: »
    Anyone else anticipating getting off track during the holidays? How can you be on diet but also drink socially? It seems impossible! Haha!

If you don't log it, it doesn't count. Everyone knows this and it is scientifically proven
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

If you don't log it, it doesn't count. Everyone knows this and it is scientifically proven
    Especially when consumed standing up.
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I exercise and use the "extra" calories to drink. I did it when I was on weight watchers. I would burn a certain number of calories then drink what I burned (usually a shot of vodka and a slice of lemon or just a amaretto and diet coke). Then just eat healthy that day and stay away from the snack table. Worked for me
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Booze and apps don't count, but you better weigh those vegetables! They add up!
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »
    I exercise and use the "extra" calories to drink. I did it when I was on weight watchers. I would burn a certain number of calories then drink what I burned (usually a shot of vodka and a slice of lemon or just a amaretto and diet coke). Then just eat healthy that day and stay away from the snack table. Worked for me

meh....that will work too
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I wish this were true for me. I work NYE so it will just be a crazy night at work for me. I had my indulgence night on Monday lol.
  • hom3r68
    hom3r68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive? –Homer Simpson
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well, considering it's not only NYE, but also my birthday, they double don't count.
    Oh hey, same birthday with me ;)

I've already eaten so much fast foods yesterday, very unhealthy... not sure about today yet! Ouch.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome time to have a birthday.

My new years will be pretty dull, but I don't like drinking anyway
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    but I don't like drinking anyway

Most sad post of the day :(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

OP I drank at a glass of wine pretty much every day while losing weight and now that I'm maintaining I drink one or two glasses every day. So it's very possible to work small amounts of alcohol into your day or week while achieving your goals, and that also goes for the occasional splurge like New Year's Eve.

Also keep in mind that to gain 1 lb of fat, you'd have to exceed your maintenance calories by 3,500. That's an awful lot of champagne that you can fit into that amount before you do any real damage to your diet...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I had to buy a "special" dress I can fit into that doesn't show all the extra bulk I put on this past month (planned, but I went a little far).
  • cperret31
    cperret31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    The calories don't count so long as someone else buys you the drink. If you are at a house party; same as above but serving instead of buying.

If by chance you have to get your own drink, the calories count unfortunately. But,if you get someone else a drink at the same time, you lose those calories.

NYE can get very complex- just drink enough so you don't remember how much you drank. Good chance I will.

Cheers, h.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your attitude to every day counts

But only the average over time matters to weight loss
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Ooh @rabbitjb that sounds very wise.

Cheers, h.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I hope calories out still counts on NYE. I plan on it being like any other weekday in terms of calories out
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    The calories may count...but I don't. :D
    Not today.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Personally I have 2 craft beers in my fridge for the night for about 450 calories. I'm gonna stick to the plan for the most part. I decided last night I'm not drinking again until onederland which I'm 9 pounds away from. Seems like a good motivation and now tomorrow is as good of a date as any. I'm just gonna aim for less or equal to maintenance.