i feel disgusting

Options
I just ate a huge bowl of special k chocolately delight cereal before bed. And in the past week I haven't done too well either. Tomorrow for breakfast, only 100 cal protein shake and for lunch, apple and salad and not going to overdue it with new years food. I need to get back on track and stick with it. I feel so fat and disgusting at 135-136. I feel alright at 129-132. I need help. Ideas tips anything for motivation and to keep mind off food.

Replies

• amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal isn't going to wreck things. Don't starve yourself tomorrow to make up for it, or it will be easy to binge again. Just keep going and logging.
  • elaineously
    elaineously Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You feel disgusting because you're 5 pounds over weight? I'm about 100 lbs over weight... It sounds to me like you should worry about something else and give yourself credit for being within a few lbs of your goal weight.
  • jnunez1963
    jnunez1963 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up babygirl. Never be disgusted with yourself!
  • MaryM1024
    MaryM1024 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We all have our days where we don't eat right... No need to be so hard on yourself. Just start tomorrow with a fresh outlook & make better choices. Don't starve yourself either! I drink water before I eat, this way it keeps me from over eating.

You got this! :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal and being 5 lbs over goal makes you feel disgusting and you want to take drastic measures not to over eat tomorrow? These are concerning words OP. How much have you lost? How often do you feel this way?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    depriving yourself on a holiday seems harsh.
  • merriest2014
    merriest2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about you. Are you ok? Is something else going on?
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are five pounds over what you want to be. It can be distressing. But I promise you that one bad meal isn't going to make you fat any more than a good meal is going to make you skinny. Relax!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I have a very serious suggestion. You really need to talk to someone about the negativity you have attached to eating food and the very strict limits you've set for your weight.

Your profile says you've lost 110 lbs. I'm going to level a very plain truth with you. You are not disgusting. You were not disgusting when you weighed 110 lbs more. No matter what you weigh, you are not disgusting. You cannot let your weight determine your sense of self-worth. That's no way to live!

We all carry the scars of our lives with us in our hearts, but sometimes those scars prevent us from seeing things as they truly are. I hope you can see that eating food, never mind a bowl of DIET cereal, does not and cannot define you. It is the way you treat other people, the way in which you live your life that defines you. It is your relationships, your ethics, your mind and spirit. Not a bowl of cereal.

Please take heart. You have already achieved great things. You do not need to beat yourself up over the small things.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would like to upvote the comment above^^

And also add, do not under eat either. Its just as bad as overeating if not worse.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    I have a very serious suggestion. You really need to talk to someone about the negativity you have attached to eating food and the very strict limits you've set for your weight.

Your profile says you've lost 110 lbs. I'm going to level a very plain truth with you. You are not disgusting. You were not disgusting when you weighed 110 lbs more. No matter what you weigh, you are not disgusting. You cannot let your weight determine your sense of self-worth. That's no way to live!

We all carry the scars of our lives with us in our hearts, but sometimes those scars prevent us from seeing things as they truly are. I hope you can see that eating food, never mind a bowl of DIET cereal, does not and cannot define you. It is the way you treat other people, the way in which you live your life that defines you. It is your relationships, your ethics, your mind and spirit. Not a bowl of cereal.

Please take heart. You have already achieved great things. You do not need to beat yourself up over the small things.

^^^ I agree with this.

It sounds like you have developed a very unhealthy relationship with food and that could prove to be very destructive for you.
    You have lost over 100lb, that is amazing and you should be very proud.
    You are 5lb over goal, its a tiny tiny amount. A bowl of special K, no matter how big, is not going make you disgusting.

I really hope that you take all the advise you have been given above as it is meant and not take it to heart.
    Good Luck xx
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Those are my normal numbers, too. I'm in maintenance. People can't tell the difference between them, you know?

I only feel better at the 132 than the 136 (in the morning, mind you) because I want to reel in any actual weight gain when it first starts. Is there something like that with you? I don't understand how such small numbers can mess with your head so much. OTOH, I do track carefully and cut back a bit when I see the 135s and 136s coming up for a while, so maybe I do understand. ?? Are you just afraid of regaining in the end, maybe?

You've lost so much weight and done so incredibly well! It has to be about more than that few pounds.
  • babygirlx3o
    babygirlx3o Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    jnunez1963 wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up babygirl. Never be disgusted with yourself!

Thank you, I'll try
  • babygirlx3o
    Options
    MaryM1024 wrote: »
    We all have our days where we don't eat right... No need to be so hard on yourself. Just start tomorrow with a fresh outlook & make better choices. Don't starve yourself either! I drink water before I eat, this way it keeps me from over eating.

You got this! :)

I drink a lot of water at work. But once I get home I really don't drink anything. Maybe that's the problem. I'll do my best to start drinking water once I'm home
  • babygirlx3o
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    A bowl of cereal and being 5 lbs over goal makes you feel disgusting and you want to take drastic measures not to over eat tomorrow? These are concerning words OP. How much have you lost? How often do you feel this way?

I've gone from 243 to 135 in 3 years. I'm just terrified of gaining weight and being close to 140. I've been chubby my whole life except for these past few years. I wasn't popular as a kid and was picked on. I've always had low self esteem. I constantly think about food and want to eat and stress over it.
  • babygirlx3o
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »

That really meant a lot. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. I need to learn to truly love myself. I've always had low self esteem and have never in my life been in the normal weight range except for the past few years.Always been overweight. Guess that's why I'm terrified of gaining