Lost over 43 lbs

Options
I don't have that much left to lose. I don't meet the bmi charts which is 33% of America. I'm 6' 1' 215 lbs currently. My goal is 195-205. Within that range. I'm happy with my progress thus far. I don't have a before picture just as I am now.

Replies

• DialecticalBrain
    DialecticalBrain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good work. I've lost and kept off about 10 lbs less than the total I'm aiming for. Hope to shed it early in 2016 :)
  • DialecticalBrain
    DialecticalBrain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Seriously good work there!

BMI is a sweeping generalisation and I used it to start with but I think it doesn't work on an individual basis. I've since found other ways of measuring ideal weigh, well not quite weight, but here it is - It's called height / waist ratio [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist-to-height_ratio]. Basically you work out your high in inches and divide by two to get your correct waist size. According to that I'm spot on for my height, while the BMI has me as obese. At the end of the day these things are still a bit general but a good guideline. I guess the only way you can be sure is to go to a doctors and get it checked thoroughly.

At the end of the day if, like me, you notice you can climb stairs easily that you used to find difficult, you can walk further without being worn out and you can see a positive change when you look in the mirror, then go with that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!