HELP!!! Need accountability partner

Options
My name is Kym and I'm 48 y.o. I've never had weight issues except for the past 2-3 years. I've gained about 50 pounds and am disgusted with the way my body looks and with how I feel. I binge eat, usually in the middle of the night. I'm ready to get serious about living a healthy life including diet and exercise. I need to be held accountable by someone going through the same journey. If you can help me, please respond.

Replies

• lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Kym
    I'm Lana, 35yo.
    Happy to support you through this as I need someone to keep me on track as well and say 'ahem..a couple days in a row? remember your goals girl'! I'll send you a FR.
  • rka18157
    rka18157 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana! I shared my diary so you should be able to see it now. I'm new to MFP and learning to navigate around the app.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I would love to support! I gained only 15 lbs. over the past few years, but that is quite enough to destroy my self-esteem, and the fact that I know it shouldn't do that only makes me more upset. LOL. Just wondering - have you checked your thyroid and adrenal functions.... I will send you a FR. Hang in there!
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I was a binge eater as well. I would come home from work and do whatever I needed to do followed by plopping in front of the TV. After a while, I would get up to make unnecessary food like pizza, burritos, etc. just because I wanted to eat it. I wasn't hungry, didn't need it, I was just bored.

Find something to replace that desire to eat. For me, it has worked to limit what I eat throughout the day and eat most of my calories at night. I don't tend to get hungry so it works great for me. I started on Tuesday this week so I am fresh to it (after a reset from a few years ago) so I am in the same boat.

I don't eat "healthy" food, I eat like a normal person, just find ways to get those calories in there that you want. Decide if the small slice of pizza is something you want over the large bowl of yogurt. As long as it fits the CICO, do it!

Good luck to you!