First Time, need to loose 100 lbs and I need friends for support!!

Options
Im 35 years old, mentally Ill with Bipolar Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Adult ADHD and all with 3 special needs children. I work 2 full time jobs and Im 100 lbs over weight. Please help add me.

Replies

• xJemsyFitness
    xJemsyFitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thats a story and a half right there, i wish you well on your journey. I'll be your friend to cheer you on the whole way.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I will also add my support and cheer you on!
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the support.
  • cupcakesan512
    cupcakesan512 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will also like to join you! You can add me as a friend.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hey, a fellow Utahn! Good luck to you. It's tough to stick with things when just living the day-to-day, it is really tough when you have things added to it. I've sent you a request and wish you the best!
  • RoxanneHull2
    RoxanneHull2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We shall accomplish this together!!! My goal is to lose 100 lbs as well. One step at a time :) Chin up and rock on!
  • CeeJay253
    CeeJay253 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'don't love to be your friend! I have 100 lbs to loose and could use support too. We're all on the same journey!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP .....I had over 100 lbs to lose ...down 27lbs ..... Feel free to add me ...I would love to support/encourage you on your journey ....Wishing you the best :)
  • butchocolateissogood
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90lbs and had just as bad of eating habits as anyone else. I didn't eat vegetables or fruit, i only drank soda and i partied alot so i drank alot on weekends, i ate fast food all the time, ate out for lunch every day with coworkers. I got in a habit of when i'd go to arbys i would order their largest roast beef sandwhich, a large curly fry and i'd get a large jalapeno popper with a large drink. I had no idea how calories worked and i hadn't worked out in years at that point but it's just a gradual change and when you really want it, it becomes a very fast change and surprisingly it's very easy. You just have to remember it's about consistency. During my process i went from 285 to 225 and then i ballooned back up to 265 to which then i went back down and got to 192. I was able to lose 65lbs or so in 6-7 months. So you can do it rapidly too. and i've maintained around 192-205 now for 2.5 years.

Lifting is great and cardio makes you awesome athletically. But if you want to lose weight 80% of it is your food choices. When i committed to myself lifting every single day for a year, i lost 20lbs that year (though i did gain a bit of muscle mass so i probably lost a bit more weight than that) but when i committed to my diet and deliberate food choices that's when i went from 265 to 200 in 6 months.

So to any of you that think i could be a resource to you, i'd be glad for you to message me and i can tell you what works for me. I still like chocoate and i still go out to dinner and i'm planning on getting poop face drunk tonight so you can still have fun and have a healthy weight, it's just about learning about food. I still have a huge appetite and i can eat a ton of food and still lose weight. Some people it's easy to be skinny for me i gain weight just thinking about food, but i also didn't know much about food and what i could and could not eat or what 2000 calories of healthy food really looks like (as compared to that 2000 calorie arbys meal i mentioned above).
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi @slheddlesten would love to friend you and cheer you up all along the way, I am on the same boat, also looking for support and friendship, cheers
  • Angel0298
    Angel0298 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You've got my support and I've already sent a friend invitation.